DIY snuff scenting

i forgot to write coumarine. I used granule type 10-15 small pieces i think it is less than 0,5ml. (also i saw the same granules in Bernard schmalzlers) I suggest to add oil step by step otherwise it can be too oily.

Looks like you got it going on

@linguist Is that the Celikhan tobacco? It looks greenish yellow in the picture. I would have thought it would be a bit darker with some grays and the green. It must be very fresh. Is it strong enough for you? Most of the Turkish tobacco exported is not very high in nicotine but very flavorful. I read that the Celikhan tobacco has more nicotine than those. Looks good! Enjoy!

Celikhan tobacco has 1% nicotine content (a little bit higher according to some sources) and the sugar content varies between 8-15% (sweat-strong type is 10-12%)

Edit: 10 drops too much for my taste 2 drops would be enough. Also 10ml could be 1ml. I decided to use the rest for mixing very little amounts for my other snuffs. And i learnt not to make scenting when i am cold:)

Anyone try silver dollar snuff? The scent is so strong in the orig i been mixin with all i can. the cola tasetes like a cheap cola pop lol :stuck_out_tongue: i may be way over excited but here in my small town i was so happy for new snuff !! I am mixin whatever i can and i must say spanish brandy toque and orig silver dollar tastes like a chocolate mint candy cane. I appologise for any new guy overenthuasium but everyone here thinks im crazy for sniffing dust.!!! AT least the tobacco guy has hope lol

By here i mean rural northern california

@justhend My buddy owns a tobacco shop and stocks a bunch of Silver Dollar Snuff. I mainly use it as a top off after I have snuffed other brands. For some reason the cola does not come across to me as cola, it is very strange. Seems that each time I try it I smell something different. I am snuffing a 50/50 mix of Viking Dark and SD Raspberry at the moment though!

Has anyone tried this method of scenting homemade snuff sounds interesting. http://tribes.tribe.net/tobaccotribe/thread/4164f4c1-f800-4865-af00-1dd14c1c4ce4

Try using RTO filters soaked in essential oil and placed next to snuff in a sealed jar until it’s to your liking. Inorganic so no mold issues.

i would probably use more than 10 drops. its probably going to have to be extremely strong for me to smell it

G"Day Gents,   I was just wondering if anyone has ever used Ginger to flavor snuff and or if there is a Ginger snuff already made, if not I will be making my own. G’Day

@TigerJackshere Yeah, Toque has a ginger snuff, and I think Wilsons has one as well.

1 Like

Thanks Pompeius, G’Day

1 Like

I can give you one cautionary note. If you keep your snuff in the refirgerator, do be sure that it’s well sealed.  Put in a tin of KB, and as it would happen, the tin wasn’t sealed well, and neither was the Ziploc baggie.  Normally not a big deal, right?

Well, it turns out that my cat didn’t want to eat her dinner, and her bowl got put in for her to have a do-over in the morning.  As it happens, that wonderful KB had a nice salmon-and-chicken-liver flavoring the next morning.  Learn from my mistake.

(On the upside, the little cat *did* eat her food for breakfast.  I tell myself that it must have had a subtle KB flavoring to it.  Right?)

My son makes his own soda pop on special occasions. He uses Pickett’s syrup concentrate to make a spicy ginger ale. He also uses flavors from OliveNation.com, these are not syrup but flavor essence. These make for some really good tasting and smelling drinks. Anyway contemplating using some of them to flavor some blandder snuffs. I guess my question would be has anybody tried “flavor essence” to purposely taint snuff? He has rich dark chocolate, blueberry, French vanilla, banana, bubblegum and hot n’ spicy ginger beer. :-?

Going to try something new. 5g. Tin 1/2 full of Irish D Light and 1/4 tsp. Adams creamy PButter stuck to lid. Let steep for a week in the warm cupboard. May stir every other day. Please comment on idea… :-/

I keep my artisan snuff in the fridge. I make sure the lid is tight, then seal it with electrical tape. No issues so far.

1 Like

@shh_2012 - I am trying to do the same with some basic tobacco snuff (want to add peppermint scent). How much do you think should be added in the cotton swab (I mean ratio). I am thinking of 8-10 grams of the snuff in a small container within an airtight container and adding 8-10 drops of peppermint oil in the cotton swab and placing next to the small container. You think this will work? Thanks!

1 Like

Son uses these guys and a few others for his artisan soda pop creations. Also have been dabbling with a few flavors to scent snuff. http://www.silvercloudestates.com/index.aspx https://flavoressence.com

1 Like

How would I get the smell out of a fresh citron ?