scent recipes

only Toque claims that they use only natural flavors i think. Of course every manufacturer has used only naturel ingredients before the synthetic scents were invented in 1888.

I would almost think that artificial flavors would have you absorbing something not so… I’m searching for the right word because I do not want to say its bad because I honestly would not know. I do know from my experience so far that natural ingredients allow you to collect some of the benefits they provide

@linguist I feel for you ,customs are an annoyance. One time I had got some 80 + year old cigarettes that were in original tins of fifty and they opened one tin. I was steaming mad but there is no fighting with them, So I smoked them and share with my friends I am half tempted to open the last tin they were outstandingly good. I may try my hand at home grown rustica ,this coming season and thinking of spray curing with Italian dark roasted coffee while the plants are hanging. And separating stems and leaf stock then toasting before grinding then mix and sit for a long fermenting period

When I was a kid I used to buy Spruce Gum to chew, haven’t seen it in decades.

i received the samples and tried them last week. Parchuli is wonderful. Also cedarwood sandalwood and vetiver are awesome. Pinus is like de kralinsge A/P i feel like i am in a pine forest. Fruity once smell lighter but i can not dedect any banana, melon or raspberry. I mixed the snuffs which i don’t like altogather added some water and re-dried in microwave oven. Most of the scent has gone. I will use it after i scent it with other oils.

i found this on internet: Chemical content It contains 3.5 g tobacco, making up 63% of its weight, 19% is moisture, 11% paraffin as moisturiser, 4% potassium carbonate to regulate pH, and 3% flavour. And below link you can see at the bottom of the page some european snuff contents. smokeless.org.nz/nasalsnuff_analyses.htm

today i bought one pound/0,5kilogram loose tobacco. I dried and ground it. This time i only added natural scent: 100% pure natural rose water. It has only 1% natural rose oil. But the scent of the snuff is wonderful. This encouraged me to use other kind of natural waters like eucalyptus, lavender and some others which i saw at the attar shop.

thanks to snuffhouse for the idea of pentyhouse sieve! I gained lots of time. It is very fresh at the moment but tested it. The smell is very light but it is absolutely there. Sweety, delicious.

Interesting mix

1 Like

i so want to try a pine snuff now. as well as the desire for amaretto/Jack daniels/coke (toque bourbon/almond dont cut it, havent tried coke) that led me to this thread. would i be able to get 25g tins of natural snuff and add a few drops of the ingredients i want and leave them awhile? im expecting amaretto/coke to be too sticky. any ideas?

@Firestarter0 Isn’t amaretto scent like having a almond/cherry mix?

id say similar, more almond, but sweetened. i have never scented a snuff before, but the lack of flavours i really want (that are pulled off well enough/how i want them) makes me want to try it.

i want to eat my snuffs :smiley: I make my snuff with distiled rose water around 50% then cook it in microwave. I stir it in mortar with pastel and cook/stir cook/stir until the moisture lwvel decreases. Dr. Oetker aromas are awesome. I add a few drops stir again and finally dry tobacco powder. Mixture is very good and edible.

i made a curry snuff. Nice burn and the scent is awesome when mixed with tobacco.

can you use after shave to scent with

@jeffcraft1 I don’t see why not. I’m sure some will proclaim it to be a bad idea given non food grade items being used in aftershave. I’m not really hung up on that. Virtually all countries have proclaimed Tonka to be non-food safe. Also, I don’t know many people who eat geraniums and other intersting non foodstuffs even though many are included in F&T recipies. Heck, there are some F&T recipes that ARE aftershaves (I’m looking at you Kendal Brown).

If you are going to use something like an aftershave I would not apply it directly.

I’ve tried a few snuffs that remind me of a certain cologne and have had the same idea.  :slight_smile:

Still raving about tonka beens. I use dry unpeeled beens (for scenting only). I put one in a small tin full of dark Gekachelter Virginie earlier today.
Some drops of rose hydrolate is another easy way to add subtle scent and moisturise your old dried-up snuffs or blends.
Another straightforward dual-purpose method I had tried was orange zest method. This works really fast for flavouring and moisturising coarse snuff. I revived some bone-dry Icelandic neftobak in just two hours by simply spreading it over the large piece of orange peel (the soft side up). For extra flavour mix the coarse snuff with chopped zest, leave it for an hour or two, then discard the zest. In case of overmoisturising just add some dry snuff and mix properly.

I try to include my recipes in the “what’s in your nose?” thread, but I found that if you want to combine snuff scents, the best way to do it is to put it through a fine steel sieve/mesh. Measure it out into the sieve with a container underneath, and just push it through with a metal spoon. If one of your snuffs is coarse and one is fine, putting it through the sieve with even things out while also blending scents very evenly, but I guess this will only work if you like fine/medium grind snuffs.

Any tips to make chocolate flavored snuff from plain dry tobacco snuffs?