Feeling sick from snuff

I’m a fairly new snuffer, and have been enjoying it so far. I have some Q Jasmine snuff that really seems to have a kick, but I like it, so I’ve tried go easy with it. Today on my second dose, I got quite a buzz - a little dizzy, and borderline nauseous. That has never happened before. Did I do something wrong? Did I sniff more than I thought? Perhaps I swallowed some? I would welcome any wisdom from you experienced snuffers on this.

Sounds like a nicotine overdose if you ask me. RE: Did I do something wrong? Nope, it sounds like you’re doing it right. Just go easy until you’re more acclimated.

Upon entering the den of the dragon I noticed there was much too see but my view was skewed by the rolling of the ground were I stood. I knew I had found something but not quite reaching it I fell out beyond the creatures keep. I try to go back there as if chasing his tail and I do from time to time sway within. It seems never to be the same place and the ground always rolling I can never see what I know is there. I find comfort on its trail and joy in the sight of its tail knowing I’m near to what hides there. Just outside where the ground is still I can peer in and catch glimpses while it moves away as if sliding on the surface of time through space. Never do I feel I would forsake my haste in its direction striving to keep within reach what is just beyond the tips of my fingers.

2 Likes

yes that can happen.About once or twice a week if my snuff is super amazing and I’m not paying attention. Sometimes I get a little too much Viking Dark…( two big pinches in each nostril ) then I get hot, followed by sweaty and dizzy and then nausous to the point of needing the bathroom. To remedy that, blow your nose good and hard, rinse it out if you can, even if it means just gently sniffing some water and letting it drain, neti pot is better…then blow your nose again, drink some cool water and wait for the nicotine to pass through your system. It may take an hour. This happens because snuff creates a giant surface area for your body to take in nicotine.

1 Like

If you took a huge pile for your 2nd time around, then you could have gotten sick. I’m nowhere near experienced (there are guys here that have been snuffing a loooong time). But, for me, I started with small pinches in each nostril and gradually stepped it up until I found a dose were I feel the kick but not the knockout. :slight_smile: Dosage changes with each new snuff I try. Have you used other tobacco previously? I smoke pipes, take snus and smoke a few cigs a day, so its rare that I get the woozy feeling. Unless, a new snuff shipment comes in and i try every one before blowing my nose. Wooooweeee!! :slight_smile:

Those of use who were hard-core, well seasoned smokers, we have the exact opposite. We get nothing as far as the buzz. How I fondly remember the days when half a cig would law me on my can.

1 Like

@dogwalla I kind of miss my high school days, where a cig was a big high. :slight_smile:

You just need to drink coffee before you use snuff; nicotine counteracts caffeine. If using snuff makes you want to hurl a piece of ginger or some ginger ale will settle the queasiness, again best taken before symptoms

I suppose there are over dose remedies. Maybe some of that YYSmileyFace snuff.

I’m a fairly new snuffer, and have been enjoying it so far. I have some Q Jasmine snuff that really seems to have a kick, but I like it, so I’ve tried go easy with it. Today on my second dose, I got quite a buzz - a little dizzy, and borderline nauseous. That has never happened before. Did I do something wrong? Did I sniff more than I thought? Perhaps I swallowed some? I would welcome any wisdom from you experienced snuffers on this.

You are a lucky guy

Thanks for the advice. Any theories on why some snuffs really kick butt, and others seem to have no effect at all?

Upon entering the den of the dragon I noticed there was much too see but my view was skewed by the rolling of the ground were I stood. I knew I had found something but not quite reaching it I fell out beyond the creatures keep. I try to go back there as if chasing his tail and I do from time to time sway within. It seems never to be the same place and the ground always rolling I can never see what I know is there. I find comfort on its trail and joy in the sight of its tail knowing I’m near to what hides there. Just outside where the ground is still I can peer in and catch glimpses while it moves away as if sliding on the surface of time through space. Never do I feel I would forsake my haste in its direction striving to keep within reach what is just beyond the tips of my fingers.

I really enjoyed this.

2 Likes

@Elcy8 Q snuffs I believe are made by dholakia and designed for smokers ,they may have strong nicotine,I haven’t tried them but the rest of their line is awesome. The aniseed menthol has strong nicotine; I read on their web page. Some nicotine is absorbed faster because of the grind. Some are stronger because of the tobacco used to make it. Toque Quit gives me a nicotine buzz and some american scotches like rooster and brutons. I use snuff for pleasure mostly, I consume tobacco in other forms also, so the nicotine level in snuff is not the only selling factor for me. Contrary to popular belief

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. Any theories on why some snuffs really kick butt, and others seem to have no effect at all?

Different types of tobacco, different parts of the tobacco plant used (stalks are stronger than the leaves, for example), different amounts of freebase nicotine, and different grinds. Another thing that can make you more susceptible to getting sick is using tobacco on an empty stomach. Snuff never really makes me sick but snus and dip sometimes do and usually if I eat a bowl of cereal or something it goes away.

if i reach 80mg nicotine in a day (when using snus)i feel dizzynand sick with a sound of bell on my ears. It is nicotine poiseness so i arrange my doses carefully if feel i reach the limit. But with the snuff i can not reach the nicotine limits.

RR Mills Plain, I found out, is pretty strong on the nicotine. One night our 4-wheeling, I tapped out a large amount by mistake (dark, and drinking, you know) and the snort just about laid me out. Eyes watering, head spinning, etc. I felt sick that time.

I’ve only felt sick from snuff when I’ve realised how much I’ve just spent on an order.

3 Likes

When I started snuffing with 6P Cheetah and snorted it like an idiot. I had to alternate both ends on the toilet, and tried to sleep for 24 hours. I can take large amounts of snuff 3-6x a hour(with a proper pinch!!)and never come close to being sick, unless the boss unlocks the bathroom door and barges in, causing me to snort. Ha!

I love huge blasts of snuff and getting that sweet smokeless nic fix.

Drink a cup of strong black coffee or tea. I used to work the tobacco fields when I was younger. Ive been 10 shades of green and purple, and couldnt stand from nicotine poisoning. A jolt of caffeine helps.