Survey: What do you prefer to use to blow your nose?

@lunecat yes they can be handy. Q-Tips are a brand name, but generally culturally accepted is the name of the item. Properly they’re called cotton swabs here. People will even call the generic ones Q-tips.

I must be broken ,only blow nose once daily in the shower.

You might try increasing your consumption of hydrating liquid (i.e., water). :O) I was like this too until I recently started drinking more water. As an added bonus, now that I’m properly hydrated it seems that smaller amounts of snuff get me where I need to be… I use tissue (the soft, thick, lotion infused kind) at work and home. I use hankies in the car (easier to find and use due to their large size).

I must be broken ,only blow nose once daily in the shower. If needed I will use a tissue if available ,TP or paper towel , Other wise snot rockets for distance and accuracy. If someone comments on my nose caves I look them up and down and tell them there mother dresses them funny they don’t bother you after that.

My guess is that you are using a snuff that forms an armor plate on your mucus membrane and you need the shower steam to loosen it, right? When I was using that type of snuff, I almost needed a pitchfork to get the dry, hard caking out!

I use the historical Grenadier method: Sniff some tap water, close one nostril and blast into the sink. Repeat procedure with other nostril. When in the field, skip the bit with the water and the sink. Warning: Shield your clothes … otherwise your SgtMaj may just give you some extra instruction. regards SgtMaj Patrick B. Ludwig (ret.) p.s. Am looking for a swagger stick with a built in snuffbox. Can anybody help? PBL

The black bandana/hankies I use don’t need to be washed for a long, long time. Just shake them out a bit when they are dry and BAM! Fresh hankie! I get fresh ones for work a lot, snot rockets don’t work inside a bank. When I’m off of work I have one ride around in my back pocket for extended periods.

I use some crappy but serviceable bandanas I bought at target, as well as a nice Poschl one. Next time I’m in England I want to see if I can get some proper colored ones. Also tissues as and when. But ironed hankies are the nicest.

Panties and tissues for my nose. Curtains are for other body parts.

Meant hankies, honestly! How can I edit a post? Quite embarrassing.

@AllanH, if you hover your mouse over the right corner of your post there is a edit button that will appear. I almost didn’t tell you cause that is some funny stuff. :slight_smile:

“How can I edit a post?” was the punch line.

Meant hankies, honestly! How can I edit a post? Quite embarrassing.

No surely not! Panties sounded far more interesting :))

Viva paper towel, and kleenex. I have to use at least 3 kleenex tissue or else they fall apart . @ALLENH Very interesting indeed ! :)>- :)>- ^:)^

Panties and tissues for my nose. Curtains are for other body parts.

No surely not! Panties sounded far more interesting :))

Agreed, made me laugh so I’ve quoted it - he can edit his but he can’t edit mine, lol!

I always try to edit panties. At home, I use paper towels or tissues. In public I use my wife’s shirttails.

I use the historical Grenadier method: Sniff some tap water, close one nostril and blast into the sink. Repeat procedure with other nostril.

Upon your recommendation I added the tap water bit to my routine this morning and was very pleased with the results! Thanks!

I feel the need to mention that if you get tap water to far up your nose, you might get an infection from the bacteria in the water.

I feel the need to mention that if you get tap water to far up your nose, you might get an infection from the bacteria in the water.

That is true… I remember a fellow died two summers ago from a flesh eating bacteria that gained access through use of a neti pot.

i do it with tap water everyday (several times rarely) since my childhood.

I have a dedicated set of wash clothes that I use. The boss lady is kind enough to wash them with the rest of MY clothes for me! I’m not sure what a wash clothe or hand towel? is for anymore, especially with the invention of the scrunchy for showering.

I have a dedicated set of wash clothes that I use. The boss lady is kind enough to wash them with the rest of MY clothes for me! I’m not sure what a wash clothe or hand towel? is for anymore, especially with the invention of the scrunchy for showering.

Wash clothes? It’s getting more interesting by the minute - panties is obviously just the beginning… :wink: