Survey: What do you prefer to use to blow your nose?

The curtains.

2 Likes

Hankies. I have plenty of them. I like the Bernard sized ones too. They’re strong, large and soft. I have about 5 of that type. I also still use white ones here and there but most were acquired from pre snuffing days, and honestly them being stained doesn’t bother me. Toss the dirty one into the shower with me at the end of the day and it cleans up really well.

The curtains.

:)) :)) :)) I have some very large snuff hankerchiefs I got two from SnuffStore (when they did them, hope they do again cos the price was good), and two from a shop in Salisbury. One’s a brown tartan, one black patterned, one blue polkadot and one really nice blue sort of paisley.

How do you fold your hankies? Any tutorial? I fold them left to right then front to back (twice). Any different ideas?

I just sort of wodge it into my pocket, as low as I can get. I’ve got several admiring glances from certain ladies… :stuck_out_tongue:

@n9inchnails Bigger than a bandana? We must be talking about different things. The bandanas I get are 20" x 20" I don’t know how I would get something bigger into my pockets. Please tell me they’re not like carrying a small blanket.

How do you fold your hankies? Any tutorial? I fold them left to right then front to back (twice). Any different ideas?

I start by folding a bandana into thirds: top down and bottom up on top of it. I then proceed to fold it like any other handkerchief. NEVER BLOW YOUR NOSE ON THE MIDDLE THIRD! When the exposed side that I’m blowing onto gets really grungy, I can change the initial fold; putting this side in the middle and having a fresh side to start on for the rest of the day.

I use tissues. I blow my nose a lot and don’t like the idea of putting a “squishy” hanky in my pocket.

I must be snuffing wrong because until I learn the football player move of holding one side closed and ejecting from the other into a trash can cleanly, I don’t think I could bear to carry around all that comes out lol

I fold using triangle formations. A certain way for the dresser drawer and another that has a tail to hang out of the back pocket. The pocket fold would be the easiest to explain. 1; fold one corner to the other = triangle 2; fold one corner to the top apex corner 3; fold the four layered side onto the two layered side = triangle one side six layers and tail side two 4; fold six layer side corner to corner = tail should still be only two layers 5; fold one more time the now twelve layer corners together = a third of the tail will be four layers and the remaining two thirds tip two layers The twenty four layered end is pointed down into the back pocket

I must be broken ,only blow nose once daily in the shower. If needed I will use a tissue if available ,TP or paper towel , Other wise snot rockets for distance and accuracy. If someone comments on my nose caves I look them up and down and tell them their mother dresses them funny they don’t bother you after that.

I use $1 Brown Bandanas I get at my local Ghetto Gangster shop. I don’t have any special ways to fold it. I just half ass fold it and then stuff it in my back right pocket.

Given a choice i will always use a good handkerchief, if not available am sure to get those soft, aloe, lotion type kleenexes.

My always reliable hankys, black with white pattern and bandana size.

I use duluth handkerchiefs http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-accessories/more-accessories-for-men/mens-handkerchiefs/mens-handkerchiefs.aspx

@lunecat yes they can be handy. Q-Tips are a brand name, but generally culturally accepted is the name of the item. Properly they’re called cotton swabs here. People will even call the generic ones Q-tips.

I must be broken ,only blow nose once daily in the shower.

You might try increasing your consumption of hydrating liquid (i.e., water). :O) I was like this too until I recently started drinking more water. As an added bonus, now that I’m properly hydrated it seems that smaller amounts of snuff get me where I need to be… I use tissue (the soft, thick, lotion infused kind) at work and home. I use hankies in the car (easier to find and use due to their large size).

I must be broken ,only blow nose once daily in the shower. If needed I will use a tissue if available ,TP or paper towel , Other wise snot rockets for distance and accuracy. If someone comments on my nose caves I look them up and down and tell them there mother dresses them funny they don’t bother you after that.

My guess is that you are using a snuff that forms an armor plate on your mucus membrane and you need the shower steam to loosen it, right? When I was using that type of snuff, I almost needed a pitchfork to get the dry, hard caking out!

I use the historical Grenadier method: Sniff some tap water, close one nostril and blast into the sink. Repeat procedure with other nostril. When in the field, skip the bit with the water and the sink. Warning: Shield your clothes … otherwise your SgtMaj may just give you some extra instruction. regards SgtMaj Patrick B. Ludwig (ret.) p.s. Am looking for a swagger stick with a built in snuffbox. Can anybody help? PBL

The black bandana/hankies I use don’t need to be washed for a long, long time. Just shake them out a bit when they are dry and BAM! Fresh hankie! I get fresh ones for work a lot, snot rockets don’t work inside a bank. When I’m off of work I have one ride around in my back pocket for extended periods.