Gadget for beginners

@Rake Thanks & I just tried the straw. You are correct, the elbow doesn’t create a problem. I did aim lower in one side and high on the other. I lower side sent a vibration to the back of my head and the higher must have hit the right spot. I asked about the tube because I was thinking that a brass one could be made easily with a bead for the blow end & a funnel tip balled for comfort. Might be something for you to market This idea could help those with a septum problem

I tried it again today with some Toque Almond toast, and wow, like marzipan in my nose. Awesome! Although i stuck the straw a bit too far up in one nostril. Whew. :wink:

1 Like

I am now in snuff heaven. I modified it to fix the issue that I had with it. I milled this down, drilled a small hole in it, drilled a larger hole about the size for a bullet, added a piece of tube for adjustment and here it is. You can just punch the fill end into your snuff for a perfect amount. @Rake your idea is cool

@MattheFox That is SO cool! If you ever think about taking orders for your Mod, I’d SO buy one. :slight_smile:

What is next the CO2 powered snuff gun with self feeding preloaded snuff bullets? Don’t forget your eye protection! Snuff accidents to occur safety first snuffers #-o

@basement_shaman I love your thinking. I showed it to my Scottish buddy and he said that if I really want to go this route that it should be a horseshoe design with the hose in the middle so you can do both sides at once. I laughed then thought hmmmm

@TobaccyLassy I want to perfect mine first and see if @Rake has an interest. It is his concept and the one I created has allowed me to do back to back hits without any problems. I am thinking about cleaning up the set marks and bluing it to gun metal

@basement_shaman We really need you to try this straw idea. You would be able to tell us if a smaller amount works as well as a boxcar :smiley:

https://mistersnuff.com/catalog/glass-double-sniffer-p-2542.html Just attach your hose and there you go

@MattheFox: love it! Not sure there’s a good business case for marketing them though - it’s hard to compete with 100 straws for buck at the supermarket! :wink: Go for it though. @basement_shaman: did someone mention preloaded snuff? See attached - one preloaded disposable single serve of snuff, just remove cap and you’re ready to go. Maybe useful when driving? And it can probably be snuffed or blown, depending on your preference. You could even make a mini version of this with those smaller flexi-straws that come with those single serve kids’ drink boxes.

@Rake I would never argue with logic but I am someone that has learned that usefulness & pleasure defy all logic. lol Besides… when the prototype is done, I was counting on you being the first customer so when you friends see it and ask what the heck it is… You can say “I helped design this”

my first time using the bendy straw cut to size today… I have to say it isn’t as convienient/quick as I thought it might be. Also, be sure if you try this, to pinch the mouth side as you don’t want to suck any in or blow prematurely. LOL I am, however, surprised at the mechanics; that is, when you blow it up there it will not go in your throat but may wrap around and go into the other side a bit…nice, even distribution.

@nosemboss The one I designed is as quick as the pinch because all you do it tap and blow but you are right on breathing. Wasn’t the experience different from the tradition?

I just tried it with the bendy straw and extra CoC. Definitely no throat hit and very easy to do. Thanks again for the ideas everyone and for the video @TobaccyLassy.

Remember those long candy straws… “pixie stix”… With the fruit flavored sugar powder in them? (i think it was a candy only in the USA). LOL, something like that, except with snuff, in a flexi straw would be cool like @rake’s idea! :slight_smile:

Heh heh… This straw thing is fun!

Nice and innovative this make others curious

As well as this method works I would certainly recommend it be tried by all. We may in fact rewrite history now. As I recall many different versions of tobacco’s introduction to the world. Most of which involved a description of a Y shaped tube being used. It very well could be that this “toboca” was used in the manner we are discussing here.

@MattheFox: Heh, maybe there is a good business case for your deluxe version! Can I have one in my team’s colours? :))

I will be testing staining metal this weekend. It is supposed to be like staining glass. I have blued metal and it is a 3 part process. I know I can do these in wood which would be faster but I am not a big fan of wood because I carried mine all day in my jeans and think a wooden one might be fragile