Gadget for beginners

I could imagine that this could become a new party favorite along with beer bong hits

@rake I thought the bend being where it was on the first pic would make the snuff go to the front of the nose, it looks like with this second pic that the flow will be like a typical snorter.

@Rake that last gadget (before the straw) looks cool… And the first to close the passage between nasal cavity and oral cavity"?.. The straw would do just as well. Great idea

i could see myself using one of these for the shear ease of use http://www.foremostequipment.com/index.cgi?item=FME-24412&gclid=CKSjwc2GsrQCFQKRPAodrToAbA

We must have a Snuffhouse edition of these.

I so want to try the straw trick when i get home… I have a box of the flexi-straws. :slight_smile:

“Some tribes of Brazilian Indians consume snuff as consecration after work to vent, relax, cool the memory. It can be used anytime and takes away the boredom physical, mental and spiritual, is born when a new thought, a new idea. The snuff is prepared with great care, using tobacco and other trees ash. It is also used to cool the body, because when they works hard under the sun to go bathe in the cold water of the waterfalls, you can catch a cold, and it’s good snuff before. More than stimulating, which makes use of snuff is to lower the blood pressure. Consume snuff with large V-shaped straws called “Tipí”, in this case does not aspire, but are “blown” by a partner.”

I like the digital watch

Hahaha

Yes, occasionally snuffers come up with these homemade devices and a few variations of this idea have been posted in the past few years, but as Rabelo points out the Native Americans have been doing it for a long time before. Try searching some old threads for more ideas. One fellow had one called a snuff carburetor which worked like an engine’s, it has an additional hole to suck air in.

I tried a straw dose this evening… Very cool! And blowing it in seemed to give a better flavor,… . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsjVuk7D52s&feature=youtube\_gdata\_player

5 Likes

That is cool. Thanks for doing a video; that was very instructive!

Agreed - great video demo. I’m not experienced enough to know whether this is giving better flavour, but I do seem more able to *notice* the flavours this way. Also, as a novice snuffer this gives more consistency each time, which I think makes it easier for me to compare different snuffs. Until I get better at snuffing this is allowing me to enjoy and compare some different snuffs without worrying about technique.

Questions @Rake I noticed you first design was flexible tubing, was there a problem with using it versus a cut straw? @TobaccyLassy First, the vid was great! Did the fine snuff fall to the elbow portion of the straw? I have plenty of both straws and tubing & will have to try this. I also wonder if the larger hit rules come into play as well

@MattheFox No problem with the first one I posted, but the cut straw is much simpler - one snip and you’re ready to go. Re the snuff falling to the elbow - this doesn’t seem to make a difference. Do a test run first with an uncut straw. Drop some snuff down the short arm, aim it away from you (outside) and do the short sharp blow from the other end. The snuff shoots out almost instantaneously even if it’s down at the elbow. Actually, it’s surprisingly fast - blink, and you’ll miss it. It really does shoot out.

@Rake Thanks & I just tried the straw. You are correct, the elbow doesn’t create a problem. I did aim lower in one side and high on the other. I lower side sent a vibration to the back of my head and the higher must have hit the right spot. I asked about the tube because I was thinking that a brass one could be made easily with a bead for the blow end & a funnel tip balled for comfort. Might be something for you to market This idea could help those with a septum problem

I tried it again today with some Toque Almond toast, and wow, like marzipan in my nose. Awesome! Although i stuck the straw a bit too far up in one nostril. Whew. :wink:

1 Like

I am now in snuff heaven. I modified it to fix the issue that I had with it. I milled this down, drilled a small hole in it, drilled a larger hole about the size for a bullet, added a piece of tube for adjustment and here it is. You can just punch the fill end into your snuff for a perfect amount. @Rake your idea is cool

@MattheFox That is SO cool! If you ever think about taking orders for your Mod, I’d SO buy one. :slight_smile:

What is next the CO2 powered snuff gun with self feeding preloaded snuff bullets? Don’t forget your eye protection! Snuff accidents to occur safety first snuffers #-o

@basement_shaman I love your thinking. I showed it to my Scottish buddy and he said that if I really want to go this route that it should be a horseshoe design with the hose in the middle so you can do both sides at once. I laughed then thought hmmmm