The Cheap B@$+@rd's Guide to Snuff Containment

I needed something better than snuff tins. I don’t lead a particularly active life. On the contrary, I’m rather sedentary. But for some reason, when I take a tin of snuff out on the town with me, it usually comes home looking like it had been run over by a car. Especially the Toque tins. This sucks, as when the tin gets beat up it warps, doesn’t seal as well and may even come open in my pocket, dumping all the snuff all over the place and causing me to utter no small number of rabid obscenities. I lost a 10g tin of Toque Quit to this. I don’t care if you grew up around a tribe of lumberjack gangsta-rap enthusiasts, your ears would have bled from the things I said that night. Al Swearingen would have cried in envy at the tapestry of cussing I wove. So, I considered buying myself a nice snuff box with my next order. But i can never get the cabbage together to make a decent order and those boxes start around $20US. As the title of the thread indicates, I am a cheap b@$+@rd. And I don’t need another damn thing in my pocket. Today, I found myself in a Michael’s craft store looking for things to put snuff into. I came across this and I new I’d found something good. PhotobucketPhotobucket Stainless Steel. Screw-top. And it has a belt clip. PhotobucketPhotobucket Stylish as all hell, you don’t have to tell me. And at a cost of less than $5US, you can’t go wrong. I made a minor modification in that I removed the rubber liner from the lid. It smelled something horrible, so i took it out and replaced it by cutting a piece of the lid liner from a disused Toque tin to fit. Photobucket But that wasn’t the only thing I’ve found to solve my snuff containment issues. Stay tuned for more snuff containment solutions for the cheap b@$+@rd.

1 Like

Across the isle from the clip-on palette cups I found these: Photobucket These 3/4 oz jars can fit a 10g tin of snuff perfectly. And the glass is nice and thick. I put my Toques in them. You can peel the labels off the the tins with a razor blade and a steady hand. I cut all that “tobacco is going to kill you” crap right off while I was was at it. I know I’m gonna die. I don’t need a *&^%ing sign telling me so. Photobucket The only real drawback to these is that you can’t pinch out of them. Unless you have reeeeally tiny fingers. But that’s why God gave us pipe tools. Photobucket More snuff containment solutions for cheap b@$+@rds to come. And don’t be afraid to post your own solutions so we can benefit from your awesome knowledge.

2 Likes

I acquired a number of samples from our own Snuff Sniffer as part of a trade. While looking for a suitable means of storing them, I came across these helpful little vials: Photobucket You can get these at just about any local head-shop for a premium (as well as some knowing looks from the cashier)or you can buy them on bulk here for a much better price (and, buying online, the knowing looks are only implied): http://www.discountvials.com/1-Dram-Glass-Vial-Pkg-of-25-p/ct131545-25.htm They are available in several convenient sizes and have a liner on the lid that will keep your snuff fresh. You can use them for samples or just to carry a small amount of snuff around for whatever reason. Now, you can’t just walk around with a pocketful of small vials, rattling like a street-corner pharmacist, so you’re gonna need a snazzy means of transport. Voila: PhotobucketPhotobucket I got this handy-dandy Pro-Tech shotgun ammo pouch online from USA Holster for about $13 shipped. You can probably get something similar for less at your local sporting goods store. This can go on your belt: Photobucket The strap of your book bag or backpack: Photobucket You can even fold the flap backwards and stick the velcro to make a nice tabletop/dashboard display: Photobucket If you’re feeling especially frisky (and you’ve got skinny forearms like yours truly) you can even mount it to your wrist like some kind of twisted superhero: Photobucket Such are the results of a creative process enhanced by half a case of Yuengling. Be sure to tune in next time for more ingenious, albeit unnecessary, innovations on our next installment of The Cheap B@$+@rd’s Guide to Snuff Containment.

2 Likes

@Johnny_Dingo You take “geek” to a whole other level. I love it man, very creative.

@johnny_dingo that is awesome on your arm lol I need one of those. I have a few of those vials too. Looks like your ready for some kind of snuff battle or snuff-off with someone

I am the snuff enthusiast that Gotham deserves.

@Johnny_Dingo Thanks a ton. I’ve been looking for small containers for my snuff a long time and even in the UP we have a Michael’s.

I just started snuffin but found that a empty, cleaned out, Anbesol ( tooth pain med ) bottle works great for snuffin off the back of your hand :slight_smile:

Thanks for the entertainment this morning @Johnny_Dingo

Good work Johnny Dingo!

If you or someone you know buys the single shots at a liquor store, reuse the bottles. I cleaned em out and are about to reuse them myself. A little small at the top but im assuming they will keep better than the tins.

Greatest. Post. Ever! Especially the last shot (right down to the Spaten T-shirt)!

@Johnny_Dingo You got to love this guy!

Good evening and welcome to another episode of The Cheap B@$+@rd’s Guide to Snuff Containment. I am your host, Johnny Dingo. Tonight’s episode borders upon the absurd. When I go out to a party, I like to bring a wide variety of snuffs for my friends to try. It’s funny to watch them stick things up their nose. It amused me when I was six years old, and it amuses me to this day. Also amusing is the varying reactions to snuff that I witness. Cringing, eye-watering, sneezing and cussing. These are a few of my favorite things. But how to transport a range of snuff to a gathering without it ending up looking like this at the end of the night: Photobucket Well, I use this: Photobucket This is a belt that is meant to hold shotgun shells. I got for $7 at the local sporting goods store. It can be worn around the waist, which looks shady as all hell if a cop pulls you over and sees you have a hidden belt full of strange powders with incriminating labels such as “White Elephant” and “Super Cheetak.” In order to avoid this, I prefer to wear it across my chest, like friggin Chewbacca. Photobucket Because the hell with it. Come and arrest me. Photobucket This has been The Cheap B@$+@rd’s Guide to Snuff Containment. Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.

3 Likes

It’s funny to watch them stick things up their nose.

I’m not sure if you are made of pure awesome or not, but I don’t feel so obsessive compulsive anymore. Thank you Sir?

Ay, Caramba … (The image is copyrighted by Fritos, USA)

When the going get’s weird… The weird turn pro! As always, a pleasure to hear from you!

@Johnny_Dingo Johnny Dingo is a man who uses his head. And his arm. And his belt. Are you sure you’re not a superhero, Johnny Dingo?

Are you sure you’re not a superhero, Johnny Dingo?

I might be.

The original “Batman of Snuff” !! ^:)^