What Video Game(s) are You Playing?

xcom the new one on the ps3 its a great playing game when you’ve got your head round it, but it eats in to your free time lots…

Got hooked on Lumines on the PSP again. I don’t play many puzzlers, but this one stands out for me, I personally prefer it to Tetris etc.

I’m still on Diablo 3. I’m currently hunting the final piece to get into Whimsyshire. Nothing will be more satisfying than slaughtering unicorns and teddy bears with my barbarian. One of the pieces took me 8+ hours over the last couple of days to get. Each attempt was 3 - 5 minutes. If I held to a 4 minute average that would be 120+ attempts. Sadly, there are people who were far more unlucky than I was.

1 Like

Got hooked on Lumines on the PSP again. I don’t play many puzzlers, but this one stands out for me, I personally prefer it to Tetris etc.

on the xbox. level 133 is insane :frowning:

Minecraft.

1 Like

bob- I had no idea it was on another system, very cool! I must pick up Lumines 2 as well, dunno if it’s as good though…

it is a good game. I love games like that because you don’t play them all day like you might play an rpg or shooter. But they age really well.

Borderlands 2. I’m so hooked on this game.

1 Like

Super Mario World on an emulator on my iPad…God I love technology!

1 Like

bob- yeah, I like that kind of stuff to play in bursts…sometimes to kill time or de-stress… I’m probably due to get at a new RPG- got some Final Fantasy’s I haven’t played yet, but not sure if I’m ready to dive into the time commitment…

Hey Mr bob, do you have a technique/strategy for Lumines? Such as just deleting everything as soon and quickly as possible, keeping the play field rather empty- or, like me, setting up and knocking down big combos? Just curious…

Mount & Blade again for me. Stefan

depends on the level. Since some levels you just want to clear it out since the deleting line moves really fast so building combos isn’t as easy. My main strategy is to work left to right and fill in as much as I can while following the line. There is more to it but it is hard to explain before coffee finished.

Torchlight 2

bob- I gotcha, depends somewhat for me too. But I usually build up the connections unless it gets really near full. Anyhoo, I’ve got to check the local Gamestop for Lumines 2, and gotta look for the Diablo’s and the Dragon Ages- crossing fingers for a good deal or two…

@Walrus1985 Glorious game. I’m hooked on dota 2 right now.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky , great atmosphere and history.

1 Like

Lost odessy (or however it is spelled)I wish they had more decent jrpgs on xbox. A lot of the ones they have frankily are tedious repatiions of everything expected with powers that would be awesome if the enemies were not doing their best job to turn the game into toddler fighter. Or to put it another way sure I can summon a meteor storm or I could casualy slap this goofs around. Though lost odessy is not bad.

Still Diablo 3 (has been since may). I finally got the pieces so I can open Whimsyshire, the evil unicorn/teddy bear level.

1 Like

@Dogwalla Good luck getting the inferno plans for the staff of herding! I’ve been working on trying to get to act 4 inferno for months now… now that patch 1.0.5 is out the elites are bugged again.