Snuff and air travel. Problems?

my personal code of flying with the fascist TSA, dont travel with anything on you that you expect to keep. I ship anything of value to my destination if at all possible.

my personal code of flying with the fascist TSA, dont travel with anything on you that you expect to keep. I ship anything of value to my destination if at all possible.

I agree with you totally.

@ericthered that’s good to know. Thanks.

This is the reason why I won’t fly anymore. I can’t stand the thought of having to worry about trivial things like bringing snuff with me. The possibility of having my family jewels fondled by some minimum wage ankle biter in the name of security kinda rubs me the wrong way (pun intended). I’ll drive. I digress yet again. On topic though, I would just take it with you. Stick it in your carry on and I doubt it would be a problem but be willing to part with it if a go-getter feels the need to play bully.

@BigDaddySnuff I agree. I stopped flying mainly for the reason I like to drive and take my time to see and experience what I can at my own pace. Plus flying has just become so tedious and such a headache. I also like to pack as much as I want and not be limited to certain size/weight luggage.

@Boomer I used to love flying before all this paranoia took over. I enjoy airplanes and the engineering required to make these things fly, the view, even experiencing different airports. Last time I took an airplane was 2005 and it lost all of it’s appeal. I agree TEDIOUS is a perfect word to describe the flying experience these days.

never had a problem with snuff in my carry-on. i put it in a ziploc with the rest of my toiletries. even brought some with me on a trip to mexico, expecting to be questioned about it, but they didn’t seem to care/notice.

None, flown all over from the Uk, including the States, including the days of hyper security. Most I’ve ever had is ‘where can I get this I want to quit smoking’ Keep the bulk in luggage and a snuff box in your personal on flight stuff and you probably won’t even get asked what it is. Snuff is not universally confused with drugs/illegal stuff. A whole lot of stuff goes through an airport 24/7 and they see every imaginable personol possessions day in day out.

So the short answer is yes there are problems and not one has anything to do with snuff.

yip

What about actually taking a pinch of snuff on planes? Does anyone do that? I’m asking because of the huge paranoia about anyone doing anything ‘odd’ on planes. OH MY GOD HE’S TAKING SOME KIND OF DRUG! etc. I am convinced that some teenagers in a pub beer garden recently thought I was smoking crack when I lit my pipe. I think they simply had never seen anyone smoking a pipe in public. As I lit up, I caught one of them looking at me in horror and whispering ‘what the ***?’ to his friend! Recently in the UK a huge security alert was triggered because a man was vaping on a coach!

When my younger daughter flew to New Zealand a year or so back she took a plentiful supply of my HDT and KB with her. She had no problems at all using it on the plane and she reckoned it saved her sanity for the 40 hours of travelling time.

don’t forget a great story last much longer then inconvience or discomfort.

t

What about actually taking a pinch of snuff on planes? Does anyone do that? I’m asking because of the huge paranoia about anyone doing anything ‘odd’ on planes. OH MY GOD HE’S TAKING SOME KIND OF DRUG! etc.

I got a very strange look from someone once in a department store in England when I took some snuff–strange really, since snuff is not unknown there.

Snuff is not confused with drugs -maybe once or twice by some rookie - but a lifetime in law enforcement, and snuffing and travelling all over the place with snuff, and I never had one problem. All respect to my US friends but this does always seem to be a US fear largely. I tend to get stopped at customs because I look like, and am, a redneck. They always go for guys that look like bikers. A customs officer or cop will always open a small container if they find it but experience teaches you what drugs look and smell like, and the format they are most used in. I’ve even supervised stop and search operations at transport hubs - watching junior staff - - and each time a tin of snuff turned up (and they do, fairly frequently) I would watch them work it all out perfectly well. At airports, any of the modern field testing set ups would prove snuff to be only tobacco in any case.

only once did a cop think it was drugs. He gave me a scolding look.

hey had cops pull guns on me cause from the back I looked like someone else so more important to not look like a perp then hide your snuffing

Shortly after I got my hands on snuff for the first time, the Silver Dollar line, and my boss and I were snuffing on a flight from Boise to Baltimore. We were terrible with snuff at the time so we were sneezing, getting eye and scalp fires, dumping way too much out of the box, etc. My wife was mortified, but we had no problems at all. We kind of hid what we were doing, but I’m sure we looked like kids looking at a dirty magazine to anyone that looked. Also, there wasn’t a second glance with security. I’ve had more problems with a SpongeBob boxers during a random bag search. Seriously.

Thanks for all the good tips/advice everyone. It would seem the TSA knows more than most give them credit. But flying is still somewhat tedious with all the restrictions.

Thanks for all the good tips/advice everyone. It would seem the TSA knows more than most give them credit. But flying is still somewhat tedious with all the restrictions.

They will surprise you from time to time. I know when I moved to AZ, flew Southwest, was quite fearful that my collection would have ended up causing me some unneeded issues.