OT: What Are You Reading?

my man kurt vonnegut some short stories in a collection called welcome to the monkey house.

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

http://www.vice.com/read/the-cat-offers-itself-0000360-v19n9 William Gibson Neuromancer and Ulysses by James Joyce (what an amazing read.)

Mark Billingham…GREAT !!!

Daggerspell - Kathryn Kerr

S.M. Stirling’s Emberverse series, started with Dies the Fire, currently reading The Sunrise Lands. Good stuff if you like the post-apocalypse premise.

“The Immortal Game” (chess history, entertainingly written), “Cooking Provence” (love to eat), and St Auggie’s “City of God.”

don’t know if I already said but Ulysses and Neuromancer switching between them. And it’s doing strange things to me brain

Just finished ‘Mr Standfast’ by John Buchan. Ripping stuff and made me desperate to get out tramping over grousemoors which I finally got round to doing yesterday. Fortunately no fiendish agents of a foreign power were pursuing me though. Got loads lined up on my Kindle to read - now that autumn is here and the shadows are lengthening, I think I’ll go for ‘The Castle of Otranto’.

The Definitive Biography of P.D.Q. Bach by: Prof. Peter Schickele “As with all of Peter Schickele’s musical musings, this is suberb humor reflecting a boundless knowledge of the world of music.” --Victor Borge

For those too young to know about P.D.Q. Bach… P.D.Q. Bach was a phenominon that originated in the mid 70’s. Think of it as classical music’s equivalant of MAD Magazine! For those a little older… Think of it as classical music’s equivalant of Spike Jones!

Heart of Dankness- underground botanists, outlaw farmers, and the race to the cannabis cup-Mark Haskell Smith (very entertaining author)

The Scroll of Nesphertau

Just finished Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut; constantly working through the second volume of The World as Will and Representation.

Stephen King- Full Dark, No Stars

Love Vonnegut.

my plan is tostart up some bradbury soon. Been too long

The Haunted Vagina- CARLTON MELLICK III. This is a genre that I really enjoy called “Bizzarro fiction”. This book is only 100 pages and messed with my head on so many levels. If you decide to get into this genre you will have to get past the titles. Mellick is the Buddha of bizzarro.

Jesus in the Lotus : the mystical doorway between Christianity & Yogic spirituality. Paul Russill.

Book 3 GofT. Shugun - for about the tenth time, Women in White by Wilkie Collins and The court of the red Tsar, Simon Sebourg Montefiore. I usually have three on the go because I have the attention span of a monkey.