Tendancy towards anachronism

@PipenSnusnSnuff- An anachronism, from the Greek ανά (ana: up, against, back, re-) and χρόνος (chronos: time), is a chronological inconsistency in some arrangement, especially a juxtaposition of person(s), events, objects, or customs from different periods of time. Often the item misplaced in time is an object, but it may be a verbal expression, a technology, a philosophical idea, a musical style, a material, a custom, or anything else associated with a particular period in time so that it is incorrect to place it outside its proper temporal domain. Has nothing to do about voluntary simplicity. deals with time, Sorry if that sounds brash

@bob what did you have for lunch? Please, lots of details. I have plenty of time.

A cookie actualy.

@basement_shaman: You’ve disregarded my original comment in this thread, in which I began by stating that my views on voluntary simplicity could be construed as anachronistic. Please don’t take my comments out of context, whether you intend to be brash or not.

@PipenSnusnSnuff the amish comment was not directed to your original comment. Sorry if you took it personally it was not my intent.

@Asherael Nope, no carrots in it, but I think I know the stuff you are talking about. Pretty sure that’s an Amish carrot salad you had. Not sure of its proper name. Picallily is a green tomato relish with peppers and onions. The tomatoes in the garden aren’t good for much else besides this after the weather begins to turn cool.

have you ever considered frying up those green toms? The wife just fried up a batch tonite. I like to drench them in red wine vinegar and eat them with a fork. The wife puts mayo on hers. Buttermilk with an egg beat in it…drench…dip in flour…fry in your favorite oil. Drain them on paper towels. Eat them however you wish… Best GAS ever later that night…

@Camu Yes, there are plenty left for frying; piles of them really. I’m not a fan personally, but the rest of the tribe here is. They usually make a few batches every autumn. Maybe I’ll make a batch of batter for myself with soymilk.

@Camu Yes, there are plenty left for frying; piles of them really. I’m not a fan personally, but the rest of the tribe here is. They usually make a few batches every autumn. Maybe I’ll make a batch of batter for myself with soymilk.

Being as I like fried tofu…I imagine “soy milk” would work! Cheers! And I am snooting Copenhagen up my nose because my order of Taxi isn’t here yet…a big natural ammonia salty banging snuff for after fried dinners methinks…

soy juice soy juice… unless I had some orange milk with breakfast

Pickled green tomatoes, slice em up and put em on your sandwich, yum

@basement_shaman No, just that you mentioned CS and I have a couple. Twistmaster also but carry Benchmade.

I think you guys are just old and are trying to swap ‘old’ with ‘sophisticated’ haha i’m just messing around. execpt for @basement_shaman you are just pagan. I am not so different to be honest. I shave with a straight razor, I wont be motivated to shave unless I do. I read the newspaper daily (the physical paper), which in my generation is archaic and somthing that always came off as normal to me untill kids my age pointed it out all the time. I only drive standard cars, automatic seems silly to me. I do a LOT of gardening, I have herbs, vegetables, and trees, but I dont bother with flowers. I love my fig trees. I cook foods from all over the world, but still come back to my italian recepies handed down from many many generations. Cooking is somthing many people from my generation lack. I hate dealing with my phone, I refuse to get an ‘Iphone’ In general, things that are vintage grab my attention, vintage is classy, I don’t care what anyone else says about it. My watch is analog. I try to make most things in my life a DIY endeavor.

@Vito445 to be a pagan you would need to believe in a god . I have no such beliefs. Pagan is a religion and I have religious indigestion. “Your mind is totally controlled It has been stuffed into my mold And you will do as you are told Until the rights to you are sold”. “Frank Zappa”

A bit anachronical here too and liking it, besides snuff my other passion is the practice of medieval and renaissance swordmanship (mostly longsword and sword & buckler) not of the same period but I love them both!

@basement_shaman No, just that you mentioned CS and I have a couple. Twistmaster also but carry Benchmade.

It wasn’t me that mentioned CS that was bigdaddysnuff. But they do have a good selection of deadly collectable battle ready tools of surivial and self protection. It’s not Honzo quaility but the prices aren’t either. The Benchmark 553SBK griptilian looks like the folder on my list. I have no need to carry. so it be for display. I have tools for most purposes that I use.

My EDC knife is actually a Spyderco Manix 2. I abuse this knife and it keeps going.

I carry around a Kershaw, not a high end knife but reliable and says sharp; also a tiny Swiss Army penknife with a snuff spoon attached to the ring on the end, really handy.

Gen 2 River Witham Viking -zombie head remover ;works with first swing and never runs out of ammo.

Such a lovely blade, @basement_shaman

Use a ‘dumb’ phone, why shave, read real books that I can hold, shun traditional social media, buy local as often as possible and totally utilize good old fashion tobacco as often as feasible.

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/the-american-list/