What do you play?

Mostly mandolin, ibanez electric when I want to feel the floor vibrate. Neil Young songs, mostly.

Mridanga (drum) , Flute, Cello and a bit of (bad) Piano.

I’ll give you guys ONE GUESS as to what I play… :wink:

I play WARWICK FORTRESS MASTERMAN FIVE STRING
WARWICK THUMB BASS 5
WARWICK CORVETTE $$ 4 string

GALLIEN KRUEGER 410 cab

Once opened for Chilli Peppers and Primus

I sang professionally for several years (musical theatre, classical, barbershop quartet), but stuck to the occasional karaoke bar these days. Dabble in guitar and bass just for fun, but I’m not very good haha.

I play violin, piano, guitar, bass guitar, saxophone and trombone

Update: after nearly five months of playing my (basically) no-name acoustic guitar, I’m already getting the itch to upgrade. My current ax is a perfectly adequate instrument, my only complaint is that, if I had it to do over, I’d buy something smaller than a dreadnought. So, last Saturday, I went to the guitar shop that many consider to be the best in town. Spent a couple of happy hours playing beautiful Taylors, Washburns, and Breedloves in parlor and orchestra sizes, and talking shop with the friendly owner, who is a walking encyclopedia of guitar lore. Now I’m trying to figure out if I can stretch the budget enough to afford a particularly gorgeous Breedlove (the Passport OM/MMe, if you’re curious) that I fell in love with. *sigh* Looks like I have a new acquisition disorder to go along with snuff, pipes and pipe tobacco. 8-|

If you ever hear a concert bass (tuba) on a sultry st paul summer night drifting on the breeze, then you know its me and i am too drunk to care what my Hmong neighbors think

Guitar, bass guitar and keyboards. I’ve now gone off at a tangent and bought an Irish Bouzouki - amazing sounds.

1994 G&L ASAT Guitar 2010 G&L SB-2 Bass

The fiddle… well… I used to play fairly well but I haven’t picked it up for 2 or 3 years now. Need to get my bow re stringed.

Yamaha CG220 classical guitar. One day I’ll upgrade to a Candelas. In the past played clarinet, oboe and cello.

always wanted to play cello. but instead play guitar and banjo.

@dakotas, I used to play the cello. It is an awesome instrument.

@stogie I love the sound of the cello but just cannot get my head around the idea of playing a stringed instrument without frets.

it’s easy once you get it down. Just like the way I don’t have to watch my fret hand anymore. Though frets and a phaser make for awesome slow slides. :slight_smile: It goes cheechunk whawhaaa or something like that. Loop that and you can use it like a sorta off kilter drum beat like thing.

@bob I’m going to have to try that now.

I sing bass in chamber choir which is devoted to baroque music

I sing bass in chamber choir which is devoted to baroque music

that is awesome. I don’t listen to baroque much but think it is one of the great forms of music.

I’m going to get a banjolele, when I’ve saved up. They are bloody expensive. Stefan

@Walrus1985 I had to go and look up banjolele on the Web. I’d never heard of one but it looks interesting. A few months back I got an Irish Bouzouki which is great fun. I was going to get a mandolin but my fingers are just too large and with the bouzouki I get a far wider range and I can always capo it up the neck and get a similar sound to a mandolin. Let us know how you get on with it.