Snuff as a high class way to receive vitamin N or nicotine.

I have smoked many cigarettes and I have given that up. I have used American style dip (chewing tobacco) and that is okay,but it’s not my thing. Now after years of experience using tobacco I must confess that snuff is my favorite way to indulge in tobacco use. Tobacco has an uplifting quality that I do not wish to cut away from my life. Here are some of the reasons that I us snuff over smoking tobacco or oral tobacco. 1. It is so pleasant. 2.I can do it anywhere. If I am not comfortable with others observing me sniff something up my nose then I can always go to the loo and take a sniff. This is very helpful being that smoking is banned from most public places,even many outdoor places. 3.Dip or chew is okay,yet the spitting is off putting to many and there are oral health issues. 4. I get a huge fast nicotine dose from nasal snuff that is just not,“dirty”,like smoking or dip. 5. Nasal snuff does not cost me $7.50 or more for one container that will last at most 3 days and more likely only one day. What do you all think? Is snuff not the most convenient high class way to take tobacco?

Snuff is great stuff and all your points are spot-on. I’ve given up nasty cigs with the help of snuff, too. Welcome to the cult >:)

I like my pipes and occasional cigars, but snuff is the most convenient high class way to take tobacco. From an outsider perspective it might not be high class but I’ve figured if people are going to put me down for my snuff use or pipe smoking than they are indicating to me that they are just the sort of judgemental arse wipes that I don’t need in my life.

The only thing I find more convienent is snus, but if my hands are free and/or I’m not on the go, I am taking snuff. Otherwise snuff wins on all factors.

+1 to @Xander on the snus. I tend to use that on the go. Outside of the occasional snuff while working, most of mu snuff gets enjoyed in the comfort of home when I can just kick back, grab a beer, and just enjoy. As far as snuff being the “classiest” form of tobacco? I think I’ll have to give that nod to the pipes. It’s a skill to get one of those going (and keep it going). To me, “class” involves at least a little bit of a learning curve. Snuff comes in a strong second though. Really, it’s just splitting hairs. Pipes, snuff, and snus all have their draws, and as long as you’re off cigarettes, it’s an all-around win. :slight_smile:

I like my pipes and occasional cigars, but snuff is the most convenient high class way to take tobacco. From an outsider perspective it might not be high class but I’ve figured if people are going to put me down for my snuff use or pipe smoking than they are indicating to me that they are just the sort of judgemental arse wipes that I don’t need in my life.

I completely agree with all of that and it mirrors my own feelings. I also enjoy pipes and cigars but if I’m drinking with friends, and the rain is pouring, and the pub does not have a smokers shelter then I’m not going to stand in the rain to get a quick dose of nicotine. If other people don’t like that then tough - the antis have shut down smoking in most public places and ruined the pub trade. Tobacco is legal and snuff can be taken anywhere so end of story.

The only issue from snuff is running nose. Big problem. So I take snus on the go, snuff at home.

@Dugan, welcome to the club, from the UK?

Sorry to pipe smokers and cigar afficios, but snuff is and always has been the only proper way civilized people partake in the consumption of tobacco

@Cros civilized as in aristocrats? :wink: I agree with Dugan though snuff is my favorite way to partake in my favorite vitamin. (N)

Sorry but the thinking man smokes a pipe :-?

Smoking a finely made Pipe and using Snuff is classy. I enjoy a fine cigar. Occasionally stuff my lip with dip or snus, And every now and again I will twist up a cigarette. I am the master of my own domain. Who am I fooling, this TAD has got me by the purse strings!!!

tomstrasbourg. Do you order from mrsnuff? Just wondering what kind of delivery times we can expect here. JP

Believe it or not my orders usually get all the way to my place about a week after they get shipped. Same goes for Toque.

I am not from the UK,however,I have been to England, I have a step brother who lives in England and I have also spent time in Germany. The runny noise does not bother me much. It is easy to disguise that with a tissue or hanky. My issue is that smoking is so looked down upon in American society and there is the lingering smell. Now don’t get me wrong, I love a good cigar and if I could control it better I would have a cigarette here and there,but society is cracking down on smoking. Normal society needs the good guy badge and putting smokers as well as other tobacco users down helps normal society hold on to its psychological good guy badge. In the States smoking is so far down (10%-21% depending on the area) that all the health fascist are looking for a new public enemy. My God even president Obama had to give up smoking to avoid the scourge of the health fascists,although, it has been said that he may still have a smoke in the back yard of the white house.

What bugs me is that cigarette smokers seem to ditch their butts all over the place on campus, even on the ground RIGHT NEXT to the thing designed to put out cigs and drop them into. This sort of thing is what gives tobacco users a bad name. Plus as bad as our diet is there’s no such thing as second-hand saturated fat and with so many people overweight it’s part of “normal” society, which is another reason to direct that disdain towards tobacco users. Now some people want to legalize and tax marijuana, but have no problem making it harder to acquire good tobacco products. (steps off soapbox, puts it back in the corner) I don’t care if pot is legal for recreational use, but it better take some of the stigma and attention of the tobacco nazis off of tobacco users.

Snuff is a very effective way of delivering nicotine into your system. I get the buzz usually after a few pinches. @Dugan Talk about Obama having a smoke away from prying eyes. Of course I won’t know if it is true or not. Yet, I don’t believe all those public figures who say they quit smoking really stopped. It’s all a show to maintain their public imagine, and avoid from being the next target from health nazis.

I’m sure they all smoke Cuban cigars and laugh at us commoners, whatever party they happen to be in.

TomS you might be right about that. Lot’s of hippocracy(sp?) with our officials.

I smoke my pipe outside during the day when our shop is open and haven’t had a single negative comment. I consider being a ‘bad example’ a social duty and a positive attribute, every society needs exemplars of freedom. That attitude seems to transform the antis somehow, they don’t act ‘superior’ for some reason, rather they look a little subdued…