OT: What Are You Reading?

sounds reall interesting Howdy. Though like they say the more things change the more they stay the same, especialy the monks. (I just made that last part up.)

Just started. The Dead do not improve. Loving it

Currently reading Sex, Drugs, and Coco Puffs by Chuck Klostermann

Empire of the summer moon. I moved to Texas from California and it seemed the only Texan history anyone knew was the Alamo, I was recommended this book from a customer at my work and it covers the Comanche Indians, and all the land they covered and they’re relationship with whites, spaniards, and Mexicans. It is a very good read, however I am constantly side tracked by reading my son Dr. Suess books & fairy tales… I learned 2 things 1) I’m OVER Dr. Suess 2) Fairy tales would have a R rating.

The Lion of Bagdad

@Stogie Is it the Pride of Baghdad by Brian Vaughan? If so I loved that book. If not I havent heard of the Lion of Baghdad.

Besides comics books I’ve never read a book in my life with a “story”, be it fiction or otherwise, except when it was required reading in school. And yet, my wife won’t let me near a bookstore because I’m a how to/technical book junkie. Car repair, woodworking, chess, unicyling, rock climbing, outdoor survival, magic, etc. I even learned to tune piano’s from a book! I blame my dad because when I was a kid I’d ask for something like a kite and he’d say “go to the library and get a book and make your own”…and then I did. I have shelves full of books and not one of them has a story in it.

The book of Thoth- Crowley

Thus Spoke Zarathustra Nietzsche

@TexiCaliSlim I like how good old fashion fairy tales contain some very brutal, gruesome stuff, unlike those Disney versions that were all whitewashed.

the book of Thoth definatily helped me learn how to be a really good tarot reader. Interestingily you could say Tarot is what I was reading

I’ve just been reading Seeing Stars by Simon Armitage, while jamming unconscionable amounts of Yorkshire snuff up my snoot. He’s a terrific poet, I think.

@bob I think any Tarot reader worth their salt has spent a year studying The book of Thoth. Crowley’s system opens up a whole other world. I think most Tarot readers are intimidated by the amount of study it takes to even grasp a basic understanding of the complexities of the Thoth but if they do it can change one’s life. Once I learned the Open Key using the Celtic Cross was simply child’s play. I would suggest to anyone with a remote interest in Crowley to read the Book of Thoth in conjunction with The Book Of Lies and the Book Of The Law. This would give a person a clear understanding of who Crowley was. Cheers Bob

50 shades of grey … joking

In The Spirit Of Happiness by: The Monks of New Skete

A Right to be Hostile: The Boondocks Treasury by Aaron McGruder I’ve fallen in love with this show on CN’s Adult Swim. Its the funniest show they’ve got. Now I’m collecting all the old comic strip albums. Hilarious, and witty!

GOT2

my man kurt vonnegut some short stories in a collection called welcome to the monkey house.

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

http://www.vice.com/read/the-cat-offers-itself-0000360-v19n9 William Gibson Neuromancer and Ulysses by James Joyce (what an amazing read.)