Are you married, and for how long?

@mustangii Congrats to you and your wife.

Congratulations! Yes, we have been married for 13 years. My hubby is my best friend too.

Congrats. 35 years sounds like a very long time. :wink: I’m into my 15th year. I’m surprised she still puts up with me.

married 23 years. Best time of my life.

1 Like

Just coming up to 14 years and still no closer to understanding women. But it’s all good.

Congrats to you all for going so long … mustangii, happy anniversary! I was married for 10 years … that ended 4 years ago … and believe it or not, i am gonna give it another whirl, you would’ve thought i’d learn my lesson :wink: … getting married October 6th. See if we can push this to 35 years like you and yours mustangii!

Second time around, 19 years and she is great, the love of my life. My first was a nightmare - 5 years that felt like 500.

Congrats, Ed. I’ve been married for about 1.5 years, so far everything has been wonderful!

no and never. Though my girlfriend and lifepartner (same person by the way) have spent almost 12 years in hell together (a little bit of a joke, but not too much really) and still think she’s the coolest person I’ve known.

Been married for 11 years and I’ve been in a polyamorous relationship for at least a year now I think.

@joesnuffer … from wikipedia … “practice, desire, or acceptance of having more than one intimate relationship at a time with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved” … i mean, i certainly have had moments of desire, but that would not have gone over very well with the women in my life … so, which of the three; practice, desire or acceptance? and do tell if i am being too prying, it is interesting to me. working good so far? i must investigate! :slight_smile:

First time 23 years, second 7 so far… Looking good for continuing!!!

I have found 3 little phrases that have helped me. I am sorry. It’s my fault. Please forgive me. I don’t use them all the time and sometimes she says that to me, too. Also have found that she wants me to just listen and not fix her problems. Also she is my best friend. edm

Yup 6 years now

Been married for just over 5 years now but have been together for over 10 years and gotta say I am pretty lucky. Being friends first and foremost is essential to a good marriage imo.

1 Like

@snuffbrant I’m in what is considered a Triad in the polyamory community. Male, Male, Female with the female being my wife of course. So we have a boyfriend, we both have sex with him, we both go out and do things with him, and we are both friends with him. It’s going well so far, really the biggest hurdle I still have to jump, is dealing with jealousy when they are out doing things without me. Mastering jealousy is one of the biggest challenges I’ve ever faced. (even bigger than the challenges I faced when I was over in Iraq.) Also I guess I would fall under the practice and acceptance categories. We recently decided to be just a triad and not actively be out looking for other partners which is considered polyfidelity. Mostly because I didn’t want or need any drama in my house, one extra partner is enough. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will answer them as best as I can. :)>-

T. M. I. :slight_smile:

@cstokes4 sorry. At least I didn’t talk about positions or anything of that nature right???

I meant to put a smiley. No worries @joesnuffer, it’s a free country.

@joesnuffer … i really appreciate your honesty … and maybe some consider it TMI … but frankly, honesty is the best policy. As long as you all are happy … and in love … that’s the real winner right there. Hats off to you … and I mean that sincerely. Thank you for sharing for those of us that were curious. I, am not poly-curious, :wink: , just curious. I am pretty certain I am petty, and jealousy would take its toll on me.