Setting up a Beginner's Guide?

A real life test would be great. I uploaded the revised version (Setting up a Beginner’s Guide? # 18). Thank you, Mo.

Again a newer version with hints to prevent the snuff hitting the throat (Setting up a Beginner’s Guide? # 18).

Any further comments? If not, I would publish it here at Snuffhouse for downloading.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

All right, I added some pictures (Setting up a Beginner’s Guide? # 18). I am glad it helped.

Thank you guys for the feedback. Jeff, I think taking a Pöschl in the beginning might be misleading. Once upon a time, I started with the Gletscherprise myself. Today, I wouldn’t touch it any more. Only for comparison to other snuffs. The good thing of the Pöschls is, that you can’t get them in your throat, unless you eat them. The texture and scent is nothing special nor very pleasant for a beginner. People use it so much because Pöschl is doing a great marketing job, I guess. The snuff is okay, but there are far better ones out there. To sum up: In private, I would not recommend a Pöschl to a beginner, so I don’t want to do it here. Being a serious snuffer, you have to try them, of course.

Version 1.0 available at the FAQs. Thanks everybody for the help!

Columbia Oil? Good question. I have read somewhere that it serves as a flavour carrier more than a flavour itself. It also adds a certain moisture, I guess.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

I’m having trouble regulating the amount I put on my hand with the boxes of Apricot and President. I think maybe I’m getting too much though I try to keep it to the amount of the Packard’s measure. Any good tips on amount?

I often need to dump some back into the package. I usually do 1 nostril at a time but you can also use the package to make a line or 2 piles. To me a full Packard’s club measure is too much for 1 side so I do half in each. Both the apricot and the president are easer to control about half way through the pack. I think it is because it is a bit drier. When it is new and moist it clumps much more.

At first i’d recommend pinching from the back of your hand and rubbing it as you inhale.At least untuill you get the hang of it. Then you can directly sniff a quantity a little bit less than the size of a pea without getting hurt :P. Right now i go for whatever i feel like , sometimes i pinch for a better flavor , sometimes i sniff about 3 to 4 peas worth of snuff at a time to get a proper nicotine hit. Like Jarhog i to put some back in the package if i took too much out. And if it’s clumped together i spread it a little bit with my finger (it tends to stick to the plastic container so i don’t use that)

Thanks so much for the tips. I’m so happy I joined you guys.

the rubber tab on the package is great for pushing the snuff around. I find taping the pour spout end on your hand before opening the package and tapping it out seems to help control the amount. I also find that tapping diffrent parts of the container has diffrent effects on the amount that comes out. I prefer the top of the box on the same side as the pour spout.

The first thing i would tell the beginner or newbie… Is, WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!! Second, I would try then all, dont just stick to one flavor that fits your fancy… Third, even if at first you didnt like one give it time, the tin may need to air our a bit. Some as it has been my experience are more of an acquired taste… I for one do not like aniseed because i dont like the taste of licorice, but i still have several times of them, and on occasion i will take a pinch just for a change of something differant… Last but not least is ENJOY, and again WELCOME to an elite group of tobacco user, those who really know the finer joys of tobacco!!! McChrystals Og is a good one, Polsch Apricot Anything toasty or plain with HIGH NICOTINE is a blast Schmalzers are fun ones too…

Yep, good points Ibild

Check Wikipedia for Columbia Oil

wikipedia doesn’t know what it is. It may have a different name in the English speaking world.