Chinese Snuff Bottles Exhibition in Taiwan's National Palace Museum

Taiwan’s National Palace Museum is exhibiting its vast collection of Qing dynasty snuff bottles (well, those specifically made for the Qing court anyway). One can only marvel at the craftsmanship and techniques used to create these wonderful small bottles. Some don’t even look like a snuff bottle at all, how amazing is that! There are also a few European snuff boxes on display as well. Some are European made snuff bottles intended for the Qing court. Anyway, below is the link to the exhibition’s English website, one can find more photos of these amazing little treasures (small comforts for us who won’t be able to visit the exhibition in Taiwan) and learn a little bit more about Chinese snuff bottles. npm.gov.tw/exh101/snuff_bottles/en/ch01.html

Awesome! Although for some reason, I can’t get the link to work.

Cool! Thanks for posting these. The link worked for me. I was going to ask where the last one was typically hung, but it says ‘waist-hung’ on the site. I’d love one like that. The Toque bottle is good, but I wish it had a spoon, and you can’t see how much is left like you could on this one.

@Xander copy and paste the following link in your browser, should work without a problem: http://www.npm.gov.tw/exh101/snuff\_bottles/en/ch01.html

@itsuke Thanks!

@puffpuff No doubt that waist-chain snuff bottle was the ultimate status symbol in Qing dynasty China. I don’t mind wearing a multi-purpose snuff bottle on my waist nowadays either, certainly will mark me as unique among my brand-name obsessed peers.

Yeah I would love that one. Though the fish one is really freaking awesome. Let’s ask them if we can get them for our birthday.

Amazing

yep @bob i loved the fish one also :slight_smile: