Swedish snus verses American moist snuff

oh and you can gut the tiny bit of snus juices. The crazy thing about snus is you can use it almost anywhere anytime. Even places that are tobacco free places.

I fell asleep with dip in the lip, was no picnic when I awoke sick

Loose snus will be much tougher to deal with in your lower lip than dip. Due to the finer grind. Grov will be as close to Copenhagen as you will get, but it’s still pretty far off. Actually in the U.S. testing of Ettan, they found a surprising number of people compared it to Copenhagen. (I’m pretty sure those people were/are nuts.) Thunder Original and Oden’s original will be the way to go for plain tobacco taste. The biggest difference in flavor will be sweet dip vs. salty snus. I agree once you use snus for a while dip will taste very odd and wrong.

Thanks @bigmick So I shouldn’t start with extra sterk. Also I see white portion .Thanks for your wisdom.

@basement_shaman The production methods are different as well. Snus is steam pasteruized where as American dip is likely not. Steam pasteurized snus has lower levels of nitrosamines. Both snus and dip come from fermented tobacco. The Swedes pasteurize their product, the Americans do not. At least as far as I am aware. From Wikipedia: Because it is steam-cured, rather than fire-cured like smoking tobacco or other chewing tobacco, it contains lower concentrations of nitrosamines and other carcinogens that form from the partially anaerobic heating of proteins - 2.8 parts per million for Ettan brand compared to as high as 127.9 parts per million in some American brands, according to a study by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Health So i feel it’s a healthier option. Ettan and General are top notch products!

los snus is easy to deal with bake lightily.

I usually spit a bit when using lös, probably because I tend to take large portions, also it breaks up after a while and the bits need to be cleared out. Still its nothing like dip where you can fill a whole cup of spit in one sitting.

I am sold, I really was ignorant to think they were the same product just different spelling. Thanks for the snus wisdom

I have always gutted dip since day one. I guess I didn’t know any better, and I never had a problem being sick with it. Cast iron gut FTW! I do get the burps really bad. I have no idea why, I just do.

los snus is easy to deal with bake lightily.

@bob I am getting worried! Your starting to repeat yourself, Every thing alright ?

Getting?

there is a bug in the system. I just deleted a quadrouple post

^ At least he’s consistent! The difference is the same as the difference between cake and bread. Both are made from flour, salt and water, but cake and dip both have way too much sugar.

Nah, it depends what you like. I am all open for some good Ettan lös all the way down. Anyway, if you dont like “salt” for example, snus want get you off. Personal taste just differs. It is ok to like something but imho this whole snus vs dip talk is overdoing it. Both products are around for a long time and i guess both have their merits. Well, dip isnt that healthy for you, sure, but a lot of things you are exposed to everyday arent healthy either. On a personal note, i dont think that dip tastes any wrong in comparsion to snus - just different. By the way, anyone dip scotch snuff ?? Would like to meet others who do.

@Prismaster Joe snuffer has a you tube video dipping scotch. I guess he is busy with school , haven’t seen him around these parts lately http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOjqvLEOGPc&list=UUVk1icy1s5rmglepMJ1b-1Q&index=3&feature=plcp at 2:43

@Prismaster Joe snuffer has a you tube video dipping scotch. I guess he is busy with school , haven’t seen him around these parts lately http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOjqvLEOGPc&list=UUVk1icy1s5rmglepMJ1b-1Q&index=3&feature=plcp at 2:43

Nice one. I did wonder about the stick method for a long time. I just us a spoon, but it in the front and the let the salvia do the rest. I second him on the taste. For example, the first time i did dip SWISHER´s WILD CHERRY - hell! - there were a CHERRY taste. Same applies to all other scotch snuffs i did dip so far. The only thing you have to do carefully, is to brush your teeth everyday at least twice - but who doesnt do that anyway ?

Personally I do not care to do dip very often. Too messy and I prefer the taste of snus. Now every once in a while I do dip some Scotches, it is a nice change of pace and a little bit goes a long way.

As another poster noted, preference is an individual thing. Having dipped both American and Swedish smokeless tobacco, I much prefer the American brands for taste. Most Swedish brands I’ve tried have some kind of citrus-type flavoring (bergamot?) that I really don’t care for. I also don’t like the Vaseline-type substance used in the Swedish product that gives it a slimy consistency. There is also a big difference in texture, with the Swedish product being much soggier. American dip is also made with a dark, burley tobacco that tends to be much more flavorful than the varieties used to make Swedish dip, though it could be the processing. There is one exception to this: One of my favorite smokeless tobaccos is Oden’s Extreme due to it being particularly potent and lacking the citrus taste. Otherwise, I prefer Skoal.

snusline have free shipping

Some seem to state as gospel that because of the way it’s produced that Swedish snus has lower levels of TSNA’s and other baddies than American varieties. This page seems to indicate otherwise, have a look at the tables comparing things like Camel snus and General snus side by side. Of course, I think Swedish snus just tastes better than Camel but I haven’t tried other American snus yet. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892835/