What all types of tobacco do you use?

Cigarettes Dip Snus Snuff eCig Pipe rarely a Cigar I’d eat the stuff for lunch if I could. The only thing I don’t really like is the big leaf chew (i.e. Redman). It doesn’t taste bad, it just produces WAY too much juice. But it’s fun to use when I go fishing for some odd reason.

Dip Chew Dry Snuff (oral and nasal) sometimes a pipe

Mostly snus and snuff, occasionally a pipe. Once every few months I’ll roll up a cigarette, but those are getting fewer and farther between.

pipe, snuff, dhoka, a rare homegrown and rolled cigar.

Hate to further show my ignorance @Mouse, but what is dhoka?

@stogie, it’s an Arabic pipe tobacco, traditionally smoked in a tiny two puff pipe called a medwakh. It’s not fermented, just sun dried quickly, so is high-nic.

Thanks @Mouse I don’t think I have ever heard of this. Cool

Some folk here referred me to medwakh.com- no regrets. They have sample size bags of dokha and cheaper medwakhs(pipes) which are newbie-friendly, they’ve done well by me!

Snuff for a whole day and pipe with strong N tobacco in the evening or at night.

THX @Mr. O!

What do you got?

@Mouse and Mr. O, quite a few blends and flavors of dokha on that site… is there a “standard” that you can recommend for a newbie?

Stogie, my pleasure! Scurvy-lemme think about that, but I will say that there are quite a few unflavoreds that imo don’t differ to an extreme degree. I have some favorite flavored ones too, how do you feel about fruity flavors?

It depends, I suppose. I enjoy citrus flavors, but not so much berries… and I don’t like fruity flavors all the time, need to be in the mood for them.

I’ll double check some names so that I don’t confuse one with another. There is one new to me that has some nice citrus tones(I’ll post the name when I’ve confirmed it). There are some grape ones -a couple I’ve tried aren’t bad. There are some mixed fruit ones that are nice, as well as some more floral, some with spice/herb notes, some with chocolate, vanilla or mint. What I can do is give you my opinion on any that I’ve tried which is quite a few but far from most- maybe 15 to 20? Do pay attention to the harshness levels, probably would be best to order some “cool” and some “warm”- the “hot” can be too much even for heavy smokers of strong cigs. I found the “Joseph Rida Cold” to be a good start for an unflavored blend. I guess a good step up in strength would be “Let’s Go”, also “Bassem’s Blend” would be in the medium range, and just slightly flavored (I think just a touch of cocoa or something). Any more info on which kind of flavors you think you’d like?

I prefer the unflavored ones, warm or hot. Once they sent me a free sample of a chocolate blend and it put me off–very chocolate, so much so that I had to assume it was artificial flavoring, and dyed bright pink, not something I care to smoke; don’t know about the fruit flavored ones. The unflavored ones have a lot of similarity. At the moment I’m smoking Indihash al Sabah (warm) and like it a lot.

For Dokha recommendations I’d suggest Nice Dreams, Bin Khumery VIP, Indihash Al Kobra & Majnoon Wasat, if you’re interested in a plain tobacco dokha. Smaug’s Breath, Omm, Old Toby & Grey Wizard if you’re interested in a flavored dokha. Nice Dreams is far and away the best selling dokha at my shop; if you’re not sure where to start, it’s hard to go wrong with Nice Dreams.

Thanks for the tips everyone! Now, to wait for payday…

For over two years it was snuff and only snuff. Then I slipped up and ordered some cigars… I had no idea. Hooked again!

Mr. Nose- hows the Old Toby? I’m curious partly because the Grey wizard and Smaug’s Breath are tasty but a bit too intense to smoke all the time for me. I really like the Dunedain’s Sweet Galenas(sp?) a lot! Also like the Mokh Matohn. Just tried the Bin Khumery Audi- found it nice, is the VIP similar? Is the Nice Dreams a more or less typical unflavored?