What all types of tobacco do you use?

Primarily pipes with a bit of dabbling in snuff and snus and maybe one or two cigars a year.

Snuff, pipe and the occasional cigar.

Cigarettes Dip Snus Snuff eCig Pipe rarely a Cigar I’d eat the stuff for lunch if I could. The only thing I don’t really like is the big leaf chew (i.e. Redman). It doesn’t taste bad, it just produces WAY too much juice. But it’s fun to use when I go fishing for some odd reason.

Dip Chew Dry Snuff (oral and nasal) sometimes a pipe

Mostly snus and snuff, occasionally a pipe. Once every few months I’ll roll up a cigarette, but those are getting fewer and farther between.

pipe, snuff, dhoka, a rare homegrown and rolled cigar.

Hate to further show my ignorance @Mouse, but what is dhoka?

@stogie, it’s an Arabic pipe tobacco, traditionally smoked in a tiny two puff pipe called a medwakh. It’s not fermented, just sun dried quickly, so is high-nic.

Thanks @Mouse I don’t think I have ever heard of this. Cool

Some folk here referred me to medwakh.com- no regrets. They have sample size bags of dokha and cheaper medwakhs(pipes) which are newbie-friendly, they’ve done well by me!

Snuff for a whole day and pipe with strong N tobacco in the evening or at night.

THX @Mr. O!

What do you got?

@Mouse and Mr. O, quite a few blends and flavors of dokha on that site… is there a “standard” that you can recommend for a newbie?

Stogie, my pleasure! Scurvy-lemme think about that, but I will say that there are quite a few unflavoreds that imo don’t differ to an extreme degree. I have some favorite flavored ones too, how do you feel about fruity flavors?

It depends, I suppose. I enjoy citrus flavors, but not so much berries… and I don’t like fruity flavors all the time, need to be in the mood for them.

I’ll double check some names so that I don’t confuse one with another. There is one new to me that has some nice citrus tones(I’ll post the name when I’ve confirmed it). There are some grape ones -a couple I’ve tried aren’t bad. There are some mixed fruit ones that are nice, as well as some more floral, some with spice/herb notes, some with chocolate, vanilla or mint. What I can do is give you my opinion on any that I’ve tried which is quite a few but far from most- maybe 15 to 20? Do pay attention to the harshness levels, probably would be best to order some “cool” and some “warm”- the “hot” can be too much even for heavy smokers of strong cigs. I found the “Joseph Rida Cold” to be a good start for an unflavored blend. I guess a good step up in strength would be “Let’s Go”, also “Bassem’s Blend” would be in the medium range, and just slightly flavored (I think just a touch of cocoa or something). Any more info on which kind of flavors you think you’d like?

I prefer the unflavored ones, warm or hot. Once they sent me a free sample of a chocolate blend and it put me off–very chocolate, so much so that I had to assume it was artificial flavoring, and dyed bright pink, not something I care to smoke; don’t know about the fruit flavored ones. The unflavored ones have a lot of similarity. At the moment I’m smoking Indihash al Sabah (warm) and like it a lot.

For Dokha recommendations I’d suggest Nice Dreams, Bin Khumery VIP, Indihash Al Kobra & Majnoon Wasat, if you’re interested in a plain tobacco dokha. Smaug’s Breath, Omm, Old Toby & Grey Wizard if you’re interested in a flavored dokha. Nice Dreams is far and away the best selling dokha at my shop; if you’re not sure where to start, it’s hard to go wrong with Nice Dreams.

Thanks for the tips everyone! Now, to wait for payday…