Opinions on Toasts

Yeah, it is interesting how the nose works, Jammer, as each person’s sniffer picks up flavors so differently … I find nothing similar to Irish D, certainly not D Light … Irish D has a vinegar bite, much like a toast/scotch cross. Someone may be able to clarify, but I thought 22 was one and the same with either D Light or HDT … more likely HDT, right? This is why snuffs are so great, each scent is unique depending on the individual sniffer sniffing them.

Right! Now I’m confused. I’ve tried Toque’s ‘Quit’ which I’ve been led to believe is the same as Toque’s ‘Natural’, but with more nicotine (is this true?), and I really like it. I get none of the ‘campfire’ aroma from Quit. Please help here.

I assume you are confused between “Natural Toast” and “Natural”? Natural Toast is just a toast and completely different from Toque Natural. Quit and Natural are similar in nature … Natural Toast is not like either of them. Naturally! :wink: I believe Quit does have a bit more nicotine than Natural, but both share the same flavor profile, in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that snuffbrant. Yes I was getting confused. There’s so many snuffs out there, it’s making my head spin. I was only looking at the selection on ‘snuff.me’. They don’t appear to have ‘Natural Toast’.

That’s interesting, to me #22 is totally different to SG Irish D Light (and G&H Irish D). The latter two are rather similar, being quite sharp and smokey (the G&H isn’t as sweet), and to my nose they are sort of toast/scotch hybrids, whereas IHT #22, Toque Natural Toast, and F&T HDT are “true” toasts, having a very subtle buttery/nutty/smoky scent.

I don’t find them similar either. And maybe I should retract my comment :slight_smile: But I really don’t see someone disliking 22 and liking the SG & GH Toast. lol But I should keep in mind that I can only judge it by my nose…

Not only are each of noses different, but realistically each manufacturers take is different, and like in the case of Wilson’s there are often several options for a given type. So no wonder we get confused at times. AND no wonder we all suffer from TAD… However, the suffering is not bad!!!

Only had one toast I hated and I’am not allowed to talk about because someone will probably kill me if I do.

Toques Bourbon is a toast too, yes? That wasn’t it, was it bob?

Yes, Toque Bourbon is a toast. No, I won’t guess bob’s hated toast.

I’am not saying. Though I still have to try Bourbon toast.

I’m guessing it’s either F&T HDT, Toque W&H or WoS IHT#22 since these are the most loved toasts and talking shit about them is a sure fire way to get yourself lynched

not saying anything.

Toque Bourbon is an awesome toast. I’ll have to remember to add it to the order I’m placing today. I know it’s a bit of a standard answer on here, but F&T HDT is the best thing that has ever gone in my nose, and I love it more in the fall because of all the familiar scents that it carries. I never thought I’d be much of a toast guy, but apparently I am. Good for me!

My opinion on toasts is that they rock. A favorite is hard to pick, but I have the most stock of toque natural toast and F&T HDT.

bob- I was going to amend my post to add “but I don’t want to put you on the spot”. Anyways I do like the bourbon, I thought it was a toast. Surprisingly I haven’t found one I dislike.

You cannot go wrong with F&T HDT. Anyway, what is about GH Irish D ? Imho it is a splendid toast as well.

i second your opinion of GH Irish D being a splendid toast @Prismaster. In my top 5 since the day some went up my sniffer. :wink:

the F&T is one of the greats of snuffdom. Even if you don’t think you’ll like it try it just so you know one of the classics.

F&T HDT is the one I have bough the most of, with WOS 22 a worthy second though the stronger scent makes it only an occasional use for me. Weird thing though, with the Toque Natural toast I got a really bitter scent. This may have been an old tin, as I bought it in a tobacconist. Guess I should give it another try, as I had high hopes of this one, having enjoyed, on occasion, the other Toque toasts. Regarding the Irish D Light, I found the sweetness off putting.

IHT No 22 is da bomb!