Swedish snus verses American moist snuff

What is the difference between the two? I am not taking about the tea bag type. I know they hand bake swedish snus into little loafs or have a portion ice tool to shape it and the placement is in the upper lip . As the american moist snuff skoal ,Copenhagen, and others you just take a pinch or wad and put it anywhere. loose portion snus do you gutt the sauce or spit it ? Is loose snus as wet as American moist snuff? Does it deliver more nicotine?

you gut the juice … it packs easier, nice and tight, or you can grab and place anywhere just like dip, same moisture, maybe more, but much finer grind. i think some feel that a big wad of chew or dip packs a wallop but a big ole prilla of any extra sterk snus delivers ample for even the most nicotine starved junkie. besides … swedish snus tastes better, doesn’t have all the sugar and additives as most dips/chews, etc.

@snuffbrant thanks I was thinking to get some odens or thunder to try. I prefer Copenhagen over most dip because of its distinguished taste.

as far as taste goes, it is a pure subject matter

Nothing beats Swedish Snus!!! L-)

@basement_shaman - it has been some time since i tossed in some cope … but near as i remember, grovsnus loose resembles it? can someone help me here? i think thunder es loose might suit you … and many folks love odens extreme loose. if i had any of these mentioned, i’d send em to ya, but having ventured into the world of flavors and enhanced nicotine levels as well as loose … i find i really only want ettan portions, just simplicity at its finest … but yeah, the only drawback with snus is the ship costs.

After snusing for a while american dip taste silly and over processed and non tobaccoy.

Thanks @bob I will make sure I finish all my cans of moist snuff before I place an order. Because there will be no turning back.

oh and you can gut the tiny bit of snus juices. The crazy thing about snus is you can use it almost anywhere anytime. Even places that are tobacco free places.

oh and you can gut the tiny bit of snus juices. The crazy thing about snus is you can use it almost anywhere anytime. Even places that are tobacco free places.

I fell asleep with dip in the lip, was no picnic when I awoke sick

Loose snus will be much tougher to deal with in your lower lip than dip. Due to the finer grind. Grov will be as close to Copenhagen as you will get, but it’s still pretty far off. Actually in the U.S. testing of Ettan, they found a surprising number of people compared it to Copenhagen. (I’m pretty sure those people were/are nuts.) Thunder Original and Oden’s original will be the way to go for plain tobacco taste. The biggest difference in flavor will be sweet dip vs. salty snus. I agree once you use snus for a while dip will taste very odd and wrong.

Thanks @bigmick So I shouldn’t start with extra sterk. Also I see white portion .Thanks for your wisdom.

@basement_shaman The production methods are different as well. Snus is steam pasteruized where as American dip is likely not. Steam pasteurized snus has lower levels of nitrosamines. Both snus and dip come from fermented tobacco. The Swedes pasteurize their product, the Americans do not. At least as far as I am aware. From Wikipedia: Because it is steam-cured, rather than fire-cured like smoking tobacco or other chewing tobacco, it contains lower concentrations of nitrosamines and other carcinogens that form from the partially anaerobic heating of proteins - 2.8 parts per million for Ettan brand compared to as high as 127.9 parts per million in some American brands, according to a study by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Health So i feel it’s a healthier option. Ettan and General are top notch products!

los snus is easy to deal with bake lightily.

I usually spit a bit when using lös, probably because I tend to take large portions, also it breaks up after a while and the bits need to be cleared out. Still its nothing like dip where you can fill a whole cup of spit in one sitting.

I am sold, I really was ignorant to think they were the same product just different spelling. Thanks for the snus wisdom

I have always gutted dip since day one. I guess I didn’t know any better, and I never had a problem being sick with it. Cast iron gut FTW! I do get the burps really bad. I have no idea why, I just do.

los snus is easy to deal with bake lightily.

@bob I am getting worried! Your starting to repeat yourself, Every thing alright ?

Getting?