Nasal snuff hazardous ?? Wtf ???

one of the thing people forget with snuff is how good the body is at cleaning things out of the nose. Very little of the snuff stays in the body. Most is dumped into the stomach where powerfull acids destroy it. (if that worries you then think about the shit you breath in every single day without thinking about it.) it can’t get stuck in the body like smoke in lungs. :slight_smile:

OI didn’t want to register with the website in order to read one article but doesn’t swedish snuff go through some type of process? Maybe this process removes some of the known carcinogens?

The Swedish ‘snuff’ is snus, no connection or similarity with nasal snuff in either form or use. They have a pasteurising process that reputedly reduces the carcinogens. It’s a very safe form of tobacco - in comparison to smoked tobacco, all oral forms are. Nasal snuff would seem to be the least harmful of all by historical precedent and the admittedly small amount of serious, scientific studies.

there have been science studies on nasal snuff users that have used a sizeable sample of people who’ve used snuff longer then anyone on this site (cept for a few but we’ll pretend they’re a little younger then they are). More importantily there has never been any health issues associated with nasal snuff ever.

I don’t know where I heard, but the band on snus has something to do with the amount of litter on streets and the youth . more WHO propaganda http://tobaccowatch.blogspot.com/

what b.s. I quote “we’ll end up with another generation of nicotine addicts not able to reach their full potential” Wait a second who ever has reached their full potential? Nicotine or not. Secondily it seems like there will always be nicotine addicts cause we’re freaking humans and it’s one of the things we do. God some people must love the smell of their rectums since it’s clear their heads spend so much time up there.

God I hate that blog (yeah don’t feel like editing it’s a second though o.k.). They congrate wegmans (a grocery chain) for not selling tobacco products. The funny thing I just have to ad is I worked for that company and in our news letter they admited they stoped selling tobacco because it wasn’t profitable and they lost money on it. I hate when people try to make their selfish behaviors look like sacrifices.

what b.s. I quote “we’ll end up with another generation of nicotine addicts not able to reach their full potential”

Einstein and Darwin were nicotine addicts, what the fuck has that nicotine fearing fool done thats greater than them :-??

This is a study on snuff and nasal cancer. https://mrsnuff.com/store/poschl\_study.php?osCsid=bf7b2079e85f0ea0c585dee1b82ffb26

what b.s. I quote “we’ll end up with another generation of nicotine addicts not able to reach their full potential”

Einstein and Darwin were nicotine addicts, what the fuck has that nicotine fearing fool done thats greater than them :-??

Yeah no shit and there is evidence that nicotine helps the brain function in a smoother manner. It actualy helps it use the nuerotransmitors more effectivily.

Einstein even said “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs,” . If that’s the case we should get together with the antis, pack some pipes, and talk it over.

@Nachman Thanks for the link! I can’t believe I’ve missed this in the past.

When I need to calm down quick or really think something over that’s the time to pack the pipe. Pipes are very calming and centering, they create an almost narcotic calm objectiviness. Or as a less articulate friend once said I can’t believe pipe smokeing is legal it’s like dope light.

Sherlock Holmes was fictional but the idea of a private detective using snuff and pipe tobacco while contemplating and running the details through his head is totally reasonable.

Gentlemen. In the medical literature, there are apparently only three reports suggesting nasal snuff as a cause of nasal cancer. The first was published by John Hill in 1761; an early observation linking “immoderate” (= excessive) snuff use and cancer. The second was published by Suja Sreedharan in 2007 (Sreedharan S, Hegde MC, Pai R, et al. Snuff-induced malignancy of the nasal vestibule: a case report. Am J Otolaryngol 2007; 28: 353-356.); a 69-year-old woman who developed a nasal vestibular malignancy after 30 years of snuff usage. The third was published by Firat Medical Journal in Turkey (2011, Cilt 16, Sayı 4, Sayfa(lar) 223-225); a 57-year-old woman with a history of snuff abuse for 16 years developed squamous cell carcinoma in the columellar (fleshy external end of the nasal septum) skin. I’ve got links if anyone is interested (well, no link to the 1761 case). So, only three reported cases of nasal snuff causing cancer in the last 2½ centuries, and no known health cases filed against English snuffmakers, who’ve been in business for almost 300 years (Wilsons of Sharrow dates back to at least 1731). Have a nice day. And pass the Tom Buck.

Yes, but you must dismiss the John Hill case, one due to age and two since John Hill later recanted.

Sherlock Holmes was fictional but the idea of a private detective using snuff and pipe tobacco while contemplating and running the details through his head is totally reasonable.

Sounds like you’d like Nero Wolf stories - great reads (eschew the various TV attempts), even without actual mentions of Nero using snuff. He did drink huge amounts of beer, though, if that’s any help.

Yes, but you must dismiss the John Hill case, one due to age and two since John Hill later recanted.

Consider it dismissed! I will henceforth acknowledge that it was “reported” and recanted. Cool story.

so two cases. So probably about as average as non tobacco users nasal cancers rates. I mean it’s safe to assume.

Bob - agreed. In fact, one might argue that the snuff use actually postponed the inevitable, giving these ladies more years than they otherwise would have had. Yeah, I like that. Or alternatively, we could say it’s really just a female thing, affecting women between the ages of 57 and 69 who use snuff daily for between 16 and 30 years. Even better!