How many snuff boxes do you carry around with you?

exactly what xander said. i remember having all those snuffs sitting on the end table while watching a movie. and why is my wife nagging you too?! the exception would be chess nights. i keep a nice variety in my chess bag for friends to sample, along with my flask of bourbon.

minimum 5 boxes, I need variety

I typically carry 2 to work with me and keep 5 on my end table by my recliner.

Around the house and town, just a smash box of Viking Dark. To work, at least 10-20 different types.

I like to carry around two minimum, although I frequently find myself with only one in my pockets at a time. This of course changes based on which job I’m working at the time; when cleaning I only carry one, construction I’ll have two (one in the pocket, one in the tool box), coffee shop I have three. And I’m always paranoid about running out, so I always have a tin of scotch in my van.

I carry, AT MOST, 3 large heartwood snuffboxes.

One.

One, sometimes 2 boxes. Stefan

Carry 2-3 but sitting here I just took a peek…less than 1 foot away there are lets see… 23, and within a 10 foot radius are another 58. Never know when the spirit might speak…

@stogie – How do you keep track of it all? A nice, labeled, pigeon hole system maybe?

1 Like

Loads - I think nicotine robs you of the ability to decide which snuff you want to get your hit from. It’s usually Molens Pompadour & Bon Bon, WoS Royal George, Lemon Grove, Best Dark, Brunswick, Cinnamon, sometimes IHT No.22 and sometimes an SP of some kind, SnuffStores Cafe Noir, Dean Swift Camelopard, and sometimes their Specific. Might take GH Irish D as well, as I’m still trying to work out if I like it. Probably won’t know until it’s all gone!

Depending on my mood, I carry between 2 and 6 each day.

I carry the snuffhouse box, a toque 10g tin filled with whatever I want for the day and 1 bullet.

I am down to carrying 4 ,3 snuffhouse.org boxes holstered on my belt and a wooden box of choice in the pocket

3 Likes

For work, about 6-8 tins. If I go out locally, I just take two. At home, the sky’s the limit.

2 Likes

I don’t own an actual snuff box but I do carry a variety of snuff with me to work & keep some in the trucks glove box. I tried taking just a couple and found myself feeling like something was missing.

2 Likes

just a P. Collins padauk single box filled with SG SP Scotch. However, both my workspace and home 'puter area are littered with tins.

2 Likes

When I leave the house, which is rarely :smiley: I usually take 1-3 smash boxes with me, depending on how long I expect to be away from home.

2 Likes

Okay I am reviving this thread, as it will be interesting to see what the newer members do, and also to see if anyone has changed their habits. So as of April 2018 I no longer carry snuff bullets around, but still carry on average about 5 snuff boxes in my handbag. What do you do now?

1 Like

One box all day every day, sometimes a Posh bullet. The bullet is generally left at home now, but I never have my Ted Cash German silver box out of arm’s reach.

2 Likes