How big is your pinch?

I have my own method for taking snuff, but I have tried to try some of the other ones that she been posted on these forums. Some of them seem to require a massive amount of snuff, some sound like they are just using about a pea sized amount. Any good pictures or descriptions out there for how much you use for your different techniques? I usually start with about a 1/2" tall cone of snuff tapped out and either bump it if it’s dry, or do the mash 'n sniff if it’s a more moist snuff.

I pinch as much as I can grab with my thumb and forefinger, per nostril

Same as n9inchnails if its dryer maybe a little less and if its moist maybe a little more

I have been using snuff for only about a month. Being timid at first I used very small pinch and it made me sneeze quite terribly. It was so bad the first time I thought I was going to have a brain aneurysm or heart attack. Then I read on this forum that a bigger pinch might not cause such a reaction and that turned out to be true! Now I pinch about half a pea size split between nostrils and don’t sneeze at all. Perhaps it was both the size and being new to it, but it’s much more enjoyable with a bigger pinch. I will repeat the same half pea size a few times and still not sneeze. Very happy about it because I love nicotine I smoke, dip, and now sniff, but not at the same time. Just depends on where I am and what I’m doing.

I normally scoop half a Czech pipe tool spoon full and boxcar it, once per nostril.

I have my own method for taking snuff, but I have tried to try some of the other ones that she been posted on these forums. Some of them seem to require a massive amount of snuff, some sound like they are just using about a pea sized amount. Any good pictures or descriptions out there for how much you use for your different techniques? I usually start with about a 1/2" tall cone of snuff tapped out and either bump it if it’s dry, or do the mash 'n sniff if it’s a more moist snuff.

What kind of pea? African or European?

@BigNose I’m not sure…but it’s unladen.

I start with my finger and thumb about an inch apart, I sniff whatever stays between them after I pinch and lift it to my nose.

I start with my finger and thumb about an inch apart, I sniff whatever stays between them after I pinch and lift it to my nose.

That sums it for me. Then I take a pinch for the other nostril.

Enough to choke a horse; I just can’t stop that stupid air from getting in

That’s just WAY more than I have been taking. I’ll have to try some of the bigger pinches instead of tons of little ones. It will be an interesting evening. Edit: I just tried a really big pinch. it didn’t destroy me, but half of it fell out of my nose. hahaha

For me, it’s as much as I can grab between my forefinger and thumb for each nostril. …so I take two pinches for each “pinch”.

I use a wooden snuff spoon I got from MrSnuff. I take a heaped spoon for each side for coarser grinds. For finer grinds I use a bit less.

For me, it’s as much as I can grab between my forefinger and thumb for each nostril. …so I take two pinches for each “pinch”.

Same with me.

Everyones thumbs and forefingers are different sizes,so one persons pinch could be alot bigger than the next.come to that noses are different to.i think everyones got their own size of pinch relative to their size.i pinch myself and now use the plug method.as much as i can get on thumb.

i use medium size pinches if it doesnt ake my sinuses burn or hit the back of my throat i must be doing it right though it seems like a lot of snuff blocks me up

for a bigger pinch go wide. Start with the thumb and finger farther from each other and hold the snuff just tight enough to not mush it but still hold it with little spillage. That is how I get bigger pinches. Or why my toasts and other finer snuffs are in a narrower box where average and coarse grinds go in a wider box.

The size of my pinch depends on a variety of factors - the strength, the texture and the fragrance of the snuff. I keep adjusting it. There is no ‘one size fits all’ for me.

I have been desensitizing my nose by snorting rock salt so I can take bigger pinches but so far it hasn’t worked much, plus most of the food I eat now tastes like newspaper for some reason.

don’t snort rock salts. I mean unless that’s something you really want to do. But that’s not gonna help with the nose. I will probably do the opposite. Lots of snuff will help though has for me.