The New Photos Of Your Collection Thread

Doesn’t look like much and ain’t pretty as I live in a 150 year old house and my tobacco cellar is just that. Mostly pipe tobacco here, but there’s half a kilo of schmalzer in those squat jars in the lower left and about 300g worth of SG tins on the top left shelf. A couple of straggling F&T tins too. The large flats of 16oz jars are all pipe tobacco, but the small flats (4oz and 8oz jars) on the right are all snuff. There is 4.6kg of snuff in those flats, and another 300g of SG tins on the side of the flats. I have 500g in the mail right now so I’ll be sitting on 6 kilos of snuff and half a kilo of schmalzler and that should last me a while. I really should figure out what my magic number is for snuff, but I’ve been more worried about putting my pipe tobacco cellar in order lately.

@cakeanddottle _ God Bless You! I totally understand that picture, although the organization troubles me!

Good. Lord.

hey I’m not getting caught with my pants down when the Family Tobacco Control Act makes it a crime to ship tobacco in the States. The writing has been on the wall since PACT. We in the States are almost certainly in the final days of online tobacco sales.

…and if it doesn’t get as bad as all that, you’ll never get tobacco cheaper and with no taxes than you can right now. Either way, no one will regret having a deep cellar.

…and if it doesn’t get as bad as all that, you’ll never get tobacco cheaper and with no taxes than you can right now. Either way, no one will regret having a deep cellar.

I agree. I have about 10 kilos of snuff. I need to work on my pipe tobacco stockpile.

@cakeanddottle _ I did not realize that you were in the States! Yes, now is the time! Has been since Pact, and the final bitof taxation is in review as we speak. I salute your solution. Mine is similar, I have more snuff than I can consume or reasonably trade, my deep freezer is full of snus. I have begun putting together a large amount of whole leaf, mainly for my wife’s smoking habit, but also for any use really. I have a real sense of control possessing all of it, although we know that is just an illusion. I was blindsided though by the State of Maryland outright banning any purchases from the internet or phone, mail, Ect. I did not think they would just reach out and slap me in the face like that! Hard to maintain a sense of normality in the face of such tyranny. All I can do is deny them as much tax revenue as possible, while availing myself to what remaining legal means are left. They are no doubt continuing to finalize a plan to deny us tobacco, or tax us into oblivion. Sad, real sad!

@cakeanddottle, that is a wonderful looking cellar. I really hope it never gets to the point where internet sales are outlawed, but you never know. Plus I can bet tobacco taxes will never go down so I am doing what I can now to increase my stash.

I swear we are all the same with this. except mine is in disarray. Here there and everywhere so if I fall down with a stroke or heart attack I can have one last snuff before I check out

Anything worth doing is worth over-doing

Nah we’re not all like this. I’am certainily not a collector. Even when I can afford to hoard more snuff I tend to keep about ten diffrent snuffs around. Though ironically it’s about as neurotic of an obssession as TAD I just don’t like having snuffs that aren’t being used regularly. Though I do have to add you can’t really get the feel for a snuff unless you really sit with it for a while and do heavy use. Just had to add that in so that no one feels too normal.

To each, his own. One of the things I love about snuff is the incredible variety… and that variety actually being good! I can have a different snuff at different times of day or to suit certain moods or to compliment a meal. In my cigarette days, I was a one-brand guy at it really limited my enjoyment of other things.

The variety is definatily awesome. I just like taking it slow is all. I’am going to try every snuff currentily in production, I’am just not racing to get there. :slight_smile:

It ain’t much. Unfortunately I had to dump some of my older snuffs (3+ years old) due to inadequate storage and the raging heat wave. They lost all perfume and smelled like they were fermenting. Also unfortunately, as a recent college grad, I’m in a money crunch and can’t afford any more snuff right now…until my shop I work at brings in the new Toques, that is!

It ain’t much. Unfortunately I had to dump some of my older snuffs (3+ years old) due to inadequate storage and the raging heat wave. They lost all perfume and smelled like they were fermenting. Also unfortunately, as a recent college grad, I’m in a money crunch and can’t afford any more snuff right now…until my shop I work at brings in the new Toques, that is!

To me this is a proper collection. Larger then mine. Well if you ignore the bulks.

At this point, I have only three snuffs in bulk and a couple of tins. I do though admire the collections people have built up. I use 5g or so a day and will happily use the same snuff day in day out. I live in the U.K so stockpiling is not an issue, so far. I do though imagine a time when I will need a snuff cellar.

@khalid I like the sound of that…‘A snuff cellar’…

Yikes! - I just counted up my collection - just short of a kilo… time to slowww down. Thankfully snuff is at least considerably cheaper than my last collection - Scotch… still amazed at how much I spent there. One of these days I’ll learn my lesson :wink:

here’s the collection to date :slight_smile: