Snuff converts

I’m a bad, bad boy. Recently turned two non-smokers onto snuff, who are now both users. One of the guys saw me a few days into his new hobby and told me how he craves his snuff. ‘‘Strange isn’t it?’’ he said. ‘‘Err…yea, really odd…’’ was my reply. They knew what they were getting themselves into, M’lud. I told 'em the truth…

I wish I could convert more, but the pain of the first sniff usually turns them off.  If proper technique didn’t take a few tries, then I’m sure it’d be easier for me to convert.

got one friend into it, as he was living with me part time, and was easier than going outside for a cigarette. most friends are fairly willing to try it, but not many catch on full time.

Been myself a newbie (approx. 5 months snuffing) I´ve involved two friends  in the snuffing thing , actually only Gawith - Apricot but the seeds had been planted! :smiley: Let´s spread the snuff gospel !!!

I’m working on converting my wife. We both quit smoking cigarettes at the same time, but I quit with the aid of snuff taking… She started taking small pinches of my snuff when she really really wanted a cig, even got to the point where she carries a tin around with her just in case. Although it still makes her cough and sneeze and cry and shout… hehe… 

I had one other friend try a small pinch, but it appeared that he didn’t like it too much. Most people look at me like I’m some kind of crackhead drug addict. Oh well. 

I have one friend, very used to putting things up his nose, who tried it and liked it enough to order a tin of Tom Buck and a treen snuffbox. He has since gone to smoking cigarettes (between joints). Several other acquaintances have taken a pinch with hilarious results. They simply don’t know how to sniff rather than snort, or for that matter sip rather than swig. One young chap asked with anticipation what was in my snuffbox, and was crestfallen by the answer. A gentleman from Sheffield was quite suprised, saying he had not seen anyone take snuff since he was a boy, and wouldn’t like to try it, being that he was under 70, hadn’t gone for his doctorate, and hadn’t been knighted. No one else seems to notice when I take a pinch in public, or must think it rude to mention it.

Non-snuff-users: the Ignorant, Innocuous and apparently  Incurious.

I haven’t made any converts, but then, I’m not actively recruiting anyone, either.  Most of my co-workers and friends just think my snuff and snus use are examples of my many eccentricities.  Of course, since they’re mostly eccentrics, too, no one makes a fuss about things.

It no mystery, I’m a friend of bill. Smokers see me snuffing and this one fellow shows up religiously to see what I have in my rotation.Made the mistake of giving him a 10 gram tin. Needless to say I directed him where to get his own. Now I am not going to let him try my favorite snuffs. Until I have my life time supply. I wouldn’t want to create a shortage you know. Oh the smokers they’re like no way,does it keep you up all night?,Then I explain this is the healthiest way to get my nicotine so I stay off cigarettes. It’s tobacco I explain more; offer them some.Smokers that can’t be healthy. No contest I say. One case of cancer in 300 years and that guy snuff it in the ear? Let snuff call out to the chosen few . No one converted me

Nope, everyone thinks I’m crazy and no one will touch the stuff.

Same here.

@SnuffySnuff they think we’re crazy but they’re the ones sucking on deadly cancer sticks!

I’ve had a couple people try pinches from my boxes, but i think they were more curious than converts.

Needless to say I directed him where to get his own.

You mean you told him where to go? :)) There’s an 18 year old lad who was curious as to what I was doing whne I took a pinch of WoS Crumbs of Comfort, so I explained where the snuff should sit in the nose, and to breathe it in gently, and ofered him a pinch. He had a go and of course shot it to the back of his nose. To his credit he didn’t sneeze but his eyes watered a bit. A few days later I saw him again, and he said the scent had stayed with him for ages, so I showed him the tins I’d brought in that day and he tried again, this time getting it right (a small pinches, though) - WoS cinnamon, I think it was, and liked that but not as much as the Crumbs. He tried Tom Buck a few days ago and liked that - “Zingy” he called it, really liked the Dean Swift Camelopard I’ve just got (that was new to me, too), and today tried Dean’s Specific, which is again new to me. I asked him to try it to see what scents he could detect, and if they were what I was getting. He said that was the best yet, and we stood for a while working out what, apart from peppermint, we could sense. I think he’s enjoying this little adventure into the world of snuff. :slight_smile:

I haven’t converted anyone but here in Dublin snuff takers are inner city hard men and their mothers, so I’m kind of suburban hard mommy’s boy.

I have a lot of friends that use it but mainly just as a party trick while drinking. My brother in law is wanting to quit snus because it is tearing his gums up. I gave him some snuff and a bullet but unfortunately, the first night of him using it his sinuses closed up and he couldn’t breathe out of his nose for a day or two. I honestly don’t think it was because of the snuff but I think that kind of turned him off from the idea. I do have one friend that is a full time snuff fan, both me and him love everything about it, the history, experience etc…

I was able to get a young kid at work to try it. He loved it, so I gave him a can of ozona rasp. And a can of Packard Club. My stepbrother got into it as well when he saw me snooting some Gawith Apricot. I sent him a picture of the antique snuff box I bought and that really got him going.

Me and the lad at work had some Dean Swift Specific today, which he enjoyed as much as last time, then when he was on his way home he asked if I had some Hopfen for a pinch to see him on his way (it was Hopfen he tried after the Crumbs of Comfort, not WoS Cinnamon as I mistakenly said in my previous post). When I said I didn’t he looked quite disappointed, so I told him I had some others he hadn’t tried in my locker, so off we went to choose. He decided on WoS Cherry Menthol, so we both had a pinch of that, and he was very keen, said it was “just like Airways cold sweets”. He’s taking some decent sized pinches now too, so I think I’ll suggest he looks online to see if anything interests him, and next time I place an order for some snuff I’ll get him a couple of tins. :slight_smile:

I don’t know about converting them but I have a friend at work that will do a pinch here and there and my daughters boyfriend started doing it seeing the progress I made with cigarettes removal. I would love to have a snuff buddy (I mean besides all my new friends here)

I think that there could be many more snuff converts, if one could obtain the snuff from a local store. Many years ago there was a store on Polk St that had a nice assortment of snuffs, such as SG, F&T and others. In Monterey California, there was a shop that had only F&T, but as we all know, F&T will do in a “pinch”. I don’t think snuff would have held my interest if I had to mail ordered it initially. Of course now is a different story.

That was Polk St in San Francisco, isn’t it just like a resident of San Francisco to assume the whole world knows the names of all of our main streets.

@tboyer Sometimes this community feels so tight, like we are all in the same town, so a natural slip-up. Nothing to worry about. I wish we all had that though. I try to avoid colloquialisms, since we are an international community, but sometimes I don’t even know I’m doing it. I’ve learned a few new ones since I’ve been here though!