OT: What Are You Reading?

JEREMIAH

Ploughing through some Nietzsche. Wow, quite vitriolic!

Dark Moon Rising by Raven Kaldera. Wonderful book if you have the stomach for it.

@Xander My favourite fantasy books, excluding LOTR,

The Demon trilogy by Terry Brooks

The Many Coloured Land, 4 book series, by Julian May

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the unbeliever by Stephen Donaldson

G of T seems pretty good - I’ve not made up my mind as to whether I can still get through this type of book anymore or if I lost the knack at 18 when I finished the last Covenant book. When he brought out the last couple of books rounding the Covenant series off I just felt like I had wasted my time.

I read the LOTR so many times, and was in the Tolkien Society at 11 that all I can do these days is read my favourite bits, I just can’t get through it from cover to cover again.

I just finished The Child Thief. A dark Adult version of Peter pan. Surprisingly good

The Brothers Karamazov - Dostoyevsky 

Halfway through Walden…or life in the woods but im really struggling with it now and i picked up Richards Laymon’s Travelling vampyre show yesterday so i may start it later and return to Walden when its done.

The Lyonesse trilogy by Jack Vance. Also wading through a geology textbook, because I’ve always felt that when you stop learning, your mind starts dying.

Stephen King’s 11-22-63

@googlebomb inpatiently waiting for the paperback of 11-22-63…in the meantime reading Richard Laymon’s The travelling vampyre show

@simongrant I’m only about a quarter of the way through 63 and so far so good. The Traveling Vampire Show looks like it would be a good book. Who else do you read? I’ve been thinking about giving the new Koontz book a try some time right off.

Alhazred by Donald Tyson

A Feast for Crows, George R.R. Martin

@googlebomb The travelling vampyre show is a blast,only the 2nd Laymon book i have read the other being midnight tour which is part of the beast house trilogy. As for who i read it is mostly Mr King. I have read the first three Odd Thomas books by Koontz and all three were great. Have you tried anything by Brett Easton ellis? I have read American Psycho and Less than Zero,what a very talented man indeed,both books had me gripped but i can’t say why,very very weird but brilliant with it.I need to buy more Ellis titles although there arent that many.

Simon

Fragile things. By the brilliant Neil Gaiman

I prefer the dull Neil Gaiman personaly (that’s of course a joke)

I’m finishing up the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy. Pretty catchy storyline and likeable characters.

Beyond Exile, sequel to Day by Day Armageddon by J.L Bourne, also Game of Thrones.

yeah but you realize all these stories are just rip offs of the first story told around fires when people lived in caves. (sorry had to make fun of haters for a second).

They are all good against bad when you think about it, just different vehicles for that. I’m a sucker for zombie stuff:)