Poschl - Which ones to try next?

Subjective of course, but what I see missing are my faves Packard’s Club and Radford Premium Mild (not the Radford in the tin). Most of the others aren’t for me anymore (a strange reaction).

Am I alone in getting an anise effect from the President? I know it’s supposed to be just eucalyptus but it happens to me for some reason.

Klostermischung (bernard) and Postillion (also bernard) are awesome schmaltzlers.

Haven’t had anything bad from them so far, def Zweifacher and Klostermischung (does that mean cloistered?)

@Mr. O Yeah I get an anise/liquorice taste from it too.

Red Bull is a good one. It’s a subtle cherry or berry type flavour and strong menthol, of course if you like menthols then it’s a keeper.

Definitely Klostermischung. @Mr. O it’s means monastery mixture.

I really like the FC Bayern snuff from Pöschl. Fruity and mentholated, although there seems to be no predominate fruit. I seem to get a raspberry scent first though. 

For Poschl, I’d recommend either Packard’s Club or Red Bull. Both are excellent.

I too get a anise scent from President, in fact, other than menthol that’s all I ever got from it. Which is unfortunate since I don’t like anise/licorice at all.

Both President and Lowenprise have star anise as an ingredient.

Perlesreuter!!!

I love president and packards club.

packards club is horrible but super tradable it is a love hate thing. So worth a try, since nothing else is like it and if you think bites someone will trade other snuffs for it. So win win.

It surprises me a bit how a fair number of folk don’t like the Packard’s. To me that and the Radford Prem are the most English resembling of the Poschl’s, not to mention they seem to be among the lowest in menthol. I’m not ranting- just surprised.

there is a gross gross cologne scent in there that just is nasty to me. Though earth poopy snuff is great so who knows. Ah the wonders of the nose.

There’s nothing wrong with diversity in taste of course. There are a few snuffs that I just cannot take like D Black(manurey) or F&T Bordeaux (musky). What I must try is the Poschl schmalzlers in the big bags, are those worth the risk/investment?

@Mr. O 
 Sudfrucht in my opinion is a lovely fruity Schmalzler. Rich cherry, chocolate, bananna, brown sugar are the top notes in this lovely snuff. A heavy moist snuff, coarse grind, and it’s easy to have a greedy nose for this one.

I’ll probably pass just because I have an allergy to bananna, and it’s just easier to habitually avoid anything tasting or smelling like it, but I’d be open to other selections of thiers.

The Pöschl schmalzers are definately worth the “investment”, though once you realize how much schmalzer it takes to make a dose, you’ll realize that 100g is a normal size. Its kind of like a 25g tin size of other snuff. The container size is my main criticism of Bernard. Little 10g boxes for schmalzlers is just teasng me really. bernard should have bulk bags available, especially if they want me to fill their pretty bottles with their product. I have two Bernard bottles, one filled with Pöschl and the other with Sternecker. Anyway, the schmalzers are really the only Pöschl products I would buy a second time. So hgh marks from me on those.

So are some of the other Poschl schmalzlers not so fruity, or at least non-bananna-y? I do really like the Bernards so far, and the Sternecker(sp?) Fresko.

@Mr.O yes Schmalzler A is reasonably plain and slghtly sweet and the Perelesreuter kind of woody - not too far off from one of the Sterneckers. Dopplearoma D is very sweet and fruity, but much less so than Südfrucht (the bannana bomb), in fact Dopplearoma D is about as sweet as I can really enjoy. Süudfrucht was kind of fun for once or twice, but I’d pick either of the others over it.

Thank’s for the advice Xander! I’ll have to try one or two of them.

I guess I have tried every poschl that is out their, minus a few expensive ones like johnny apricot. Based on the fruity ones you previously mentioned, the raspberry and the cherry, I have some reccomendations that I feel will suit the kind of snuff you enjoy by poschl.
Lowen-Prise is good if you like licorice, menthol is present.
Alpina has a very sweet, candy-like flavor those who enjoy ozona cherry might like it, but the menthol in this is far more powerful than in cherry. This snuff can irritate your nose and cause a lot of run - still a great flavor.
FC Bayern is like blueberry almost, I cant really pin-point a flavor, but it is absolutly incredible, the menthol is lighter than that in alpina and gawith apricot, but only a little bit, and somehow it makes a huge difference, this snuff is incredibly smoothe going in and creates minimal irritation, unlike alpina
Gawith Apricot is really good, the first tin i bought was really nice, but the second tin I got seems to be all menthol and no apricot - it is a lot more menthol than the last one, I guess i got an odd tin. This snuff has become a staple for those who don’t indulge in most poschls, and poschl enthusiaists alike. Just because you like this one does not mean you will like the Gawith Cola.
Radfords Premium - never get this confused with the 25g tin of radfords snuff. Radfords premium is incredible and probably has the least amount of menthol of the poschls. Imagine ozona president except with less menthol and more spice, maybe a hint of anise, and a well rounded tobacoey flavor that you can use all day
I would also reccoment gletcherprise but you said you already have tried it.
As far as schmalzlers go, I don’t think you will like perlereuter, but Doppelaroma, A, and Banana Bomb are all incredible and it is worth getting all 3 so you can change it up. Also consider getting the Menthol Sachet designed to be added to doppelaroma. Pour some doppelaroma in a jar and add menthol, mix it up and sample, if you want more add more, if its too strong then add more doppelaroma, ect. Being able to make your own level of menthol is really nice, because i find it really enjoyable to have some snuffs that only have a dash of menthol, a small enough kick to be noticeable but not strong enough to furrow your eyebrows