6 Photo Medicated No. 66 - Opinions?

Agreed @n9inchnails I find 99 to be a finer grind, and 66 to be more complex w/scents, but they are very similar.

1 Like

I got mine in the mail on Tuesday and I’m quite impressed.  Its a whole lot of menthol kick.  I mixed it down a little with Quit and I’m enjoying that.

@SIX PHOTO I’m perfectly content with the menthol at the current level. There’s only a handful of menthols I can take at all, as sometimes even just a touch of it is enough to set off my nose. It’s nice having a couple I can reliably take a pinch of every now and then without worrying about it.

What is the difference between 6 Photo Medicated and 6 Photo Medicated No. 66?

6 Photo Medicated is finely ground, slightly lighter on the “medication”, fairly dry, and a little “musky”.

6 Photo Medicated No66 is a very similar to J&H 99- medium grind, moist, heavily medicated- w/the addtion of some complexities.

@SIX PHOTO I love the menthol just as it is. Some menthols tend to be heavily mentholated to the point of nearly causing a sinus headache, so I appreciate the amounts you have. I wouldn’t change a thing.

@ Pot Poe:  Thanks for those very precise and concise descriptions.  I’ll probably try both eventually, but now I know which one to order first.

I finally got some 66, the free sample I was suppose to receive showed up as Natural, so I ordered a 45g “tin”, man this stuff is good, not your typical menthol (it’s got that Indian flair), i like it a lot.

My only fault w/it is the hideous throat drip.

I have finally tried the Medicated 66. It has a great woody herbal camphor and menthol entry but it turns into something else that sticks around a bit longer than I would like. 

My wife, who hates anything to do with tobacco, has started taking near-homeopathic hits of 66 on occasion when her sinuses are bothering her and claims it works better than otc meds.

this is why you drink coffee before getting on snuffhouse. Mouse I had to read that post twice because the first time your wife was taking near homophobic hits… I’am glad that’s not a real thing cuase I still have not figured out what it could mean.

I think he meant taking tiny amounts Bob. Homeopathy is a pseudo science from the 1700’s where they distilled the ingredients of the medicine down so much that none of the original ingredients were still present, just distilled water. They have some theory that an ingredient that produces the symptoms of the illness (like a certain plant producing heart failure type symptoms) will cure the illness diluted millions of times - apparent;y it’s the water retaining a ‘memory’ of the ingredient. The other name for homeopathy is placebo of course.

Apparently the official current theory is to trigger the body’s response, like to make the body aware of a condition so it adjusts. Some of it yes could be quackery, other parts of the theory may actually work- I think echinacea may be considered in that sort of family, it’s supposed to trigger one’s immune system. But this isn’t a medical forum…

you are dead right. Apologies to any one who is homeopathically inclined. Snuffhouse is not homopathicophobic. :smiley:

Heh, I didn’t mean to drag homeopathy into the fray, to each their own… By near-homeopathic I meant about a quarter of an apple seed’s worth in each nostril. My intent was actually to bring up the fact that the medicated snuff appears to work medicinally in a low-dose application for a non-snuff user, which I found surprising. As a side-benefit it has attenuated my wife’s negative attitude towards my own snuff use.

I’m only kidding don’t worry :))

and I just was saying add caffine to your water before you read. It helps.

Homeopathic snuff no.66??? !!!

More like Medicated 66X. But maybe Ayurvedic medicine can speak to this?