Samuel Gawith Celtic Talisman Snuff

For some reason Mr. Snuff doesn’t have it, there is also a “Mellomint” on there, wonder if that one is new.  

it has the hazlenut … but yeah, can’t find the plum yet

Snuff Store sells it.  

yeah … just saw that as well … my only hesitation is the tap box … grrrr … 25g tins would be my preference.  thanks!

Yep, tap boxes are horrid unless the snuff is oiled.  

On the snuffstore review it says it smells like car tyres and rubber. The only other SG snuff I have is the same kind of smell and it certainly doesn’t make a nice snuff. My interest is low until more reviews come in.

If you want it, mrsnuff has the tins in 25g if you don’t want the tap box.

Thanks Theatre … I also saw them describe menthol in it … now I am removing from my cart.  Yikes.  Yeah, better to wait on this until the rubber tire scent is worked out …  :wink:  I would much prefer the SG pipe tobacco description of it … Cherry/Vanilla … 

yeah, i am working on an order on mrsnuff, primarily due to the fact that i can get the 25g tins … i have a PM into Dave checking to see if he will be getting Plum … and/or a restock of SG Banana.

Thanks again.

I’ve smoked SG’s Celtic Talisman pipe tobacco a number of times but have never heard of the snuff.  The pipe baccy is a cherry aromatic with a natural flavor and aroma that lingers in a room for a good long time.  I suppose I could make my own snuff out of the tobacco I already have.

Rubber tires better than lunch lady’s shoes
I will risk it and buy a tin and post my review on Mr.Snuff sight.

Samuel Gawith is top shelf IMO.

How is this Hazelnut one ? Anyone got it so far ? Sounds way to good to me.

I have gotten the SG Hazelnut … it is very light and fluffy and sweet … it lingers, but is a nice snuff.

I’ve just tried Celtic talisman from a vacuum tin and it’s got a fairly tart cherry scent with vanilla. I haven’t smelled or smoked the pipe tobacco by the same name, but it reminds me of how an aromatic pipe tobacco smells before being burnt.

@TomStrasbourg … that is good news.  that was the description of the pipe tobacco … but then the snuffstore review made it sound terrible — must’ve been in a tap box, methinks — so now menthol in it correct? i will put that back in my cart for next time.  Thanks for the review.

@snuffbrant I don’t get menthol from it, in fact it has a considerable burn and not the cold kind. The smell in the tin isn’t exactly like the smell in the nose either, I’m glad I didn’t let it put me off.

Love Celtic Talisman.  Have to agree that it is much like the pipe tobacco of the same name, but frankly a bit more enjoyable.  Mine was very fresh and slightly moist allowing for the flavor to linger a bit longer and having that smokey cherry vanilla flavor is nice!

I’s on dominance cherry&vanilla,but there is a good work on complexity.It’s a good idea to take as base a pipe tobacco to made snuff.If I take,a day,time to make my snuffs I’ve seen a marvelous Indian sailor of pipe tobacco…

I’ve got Cherry also in a S.Gawith twist,but on twists perfumes are very light.

I’ve seen a marvelous Indian sailor ??? Gandalf what is an indian sailor of pipe tobacco?

Seller bob,seller…

oh that makes more sense a lot more sense.

I tried this just now, I found it to be exquisite.