Anyone make homemade snuffs?

This @Snuffster cool to be so transparent with us.Your ,here, a vector of very new project for me,I have already some ideas,a coffee grindrer, and found a sailor on tobacco leaves on line.Thanks(juxtaposer too) for democratic information.

Would love to make some homemade strong SP like Tom Buck…any ideas on proportions, flavorings, etc??

Here is a great idea for a Tom Buck like SP. 

http://snuffhouse.org/discussion/5642/recipe-for-queens-snuff

That would be one dram of scent mix to eight ounces of snuff.

thank you…will give it a try

i got some tobacco seeds tobacum/rustica/sylvestris its about that time of year to have em sprouted had some last year didnt do much with em chewed a leaf here/there POTENT!

The uncured stuff’ll do that… :slight_smile:

Thuoc lao snuff is so awesome.  I grind the leaves up in an electric coffee grinder and then get all the larger pieces out by pouring it into a piece of pvc pipe with panty hose stretched out on the bottom.  On the high side as far as nicotine goes.

I’ve made everything from Amazonian Indian style green tobacco snuff to heat fermented rappee.  Haven’t bought any commercial nasal snuff in over five years. 

I’ve been growing and grinding a homemade snuff for 2 seasons now.  Here on the east coast of the US, I’m about 3 weeks away from seed starting for the 2012 season.  Seeds start germination in the last week of March, and go outdoors on May 15th.

A very rewarding hobby. Good luck to you!

I’ve actually been thinking of trying to get a few plants to grow, in a 5gal bucket on the patio… Couple Virginia, and a burley… Kinda hard though without seeds…lol… every listing I’ve seen for seeds is for like one hundred this… or 250 that… and frankly, I dont need but about 10 of each to do what I want… I keep looking for that just right listing though.

I’ve experimented a little with making snuff from pipe tobacco, with fairly good results.  It sounds like others here have taken the experiment a good deal farther than I have, however, and I tip my hat to them.  The only advice I can give is this:  the quality of the snuff begins with the quality of the base tobacco you grind.  You’re unlikely to get good results using the cheap stuff.

Yeah… I’ve noticed this with grinding pipe tobaccos… if I dont care for the pipe tobacco smoked, I will seldom enjoy it ground up…

I wanted to know if there is somewhere a recipe for making snuff with brandy or strong alcohols more generally.

I have a project for collecting fine products in order to do it.Thanks for a link or a recipe.I’ll write an history and rewiew about it,of course.Thanks.

:slight_smile:

I’ve been at it for a while but because of my late wife’s illness, I did not give it any though for more than a year now…

http://snuffhouse.org/discussion/2711/thank-you-pieter-for-the-wonderful-eagle-tobacco-and-the-amazing-karoostof

Oh Lord, it’s hard to be humble!!!

Oh, Pieter! Are you at work on another project? Looking forward to it!

Wow Pieter! Seems you got some mad snuff-making skills! *thumbs up*

This is probably a really stupid question so please do not laugh but… Can snuff be made from chewing tobacco? I only ask because I have around 20 -30 ounces of the stuff kicking around. It is still very moist so guess the first challenge would be drying it out, but is it even worth considering?

@Clootie, chewing tobacco makes excellent snuff!!  Open it up and let it dry completely.  I prefer air drying but not in direct sunlight.

You can’t go wrong with this.

@ Pieter, thanks for the tip. Don’t feel so stupid now. I’ll let you know how I get on. Have mostly peach baccy but also have a pack of wintergreen which should be interesting.