Have you tried Swedish snus?

@Slide I don’t really feel like I called them out, just commenting that I have a bone to pick with them, I wasn’t puffing my chest out at them or anything.  Didn’t post any specifics.  I will be contacting them.

@snuffpub  Thanks for the info.

@scopopulus if you order from Northerner you can order as much as you want and they will ship it to you in small packages containing 3-5 tins each so if you were to order 20 tins you would receive 4 or 5 small packages.

@n9inchnails Do you need to tell them to do that specifically? Or do they see the order is coming from Canada and it happens automatically?

Also, if it does get charged duty - how much for 4 or 5 tins?

I like Oden’s extreme and General extra strong protions, haven’t used loose yet.

edm

@scopopulus they do it automatically and the one small package that I got nailed for cost me 18 bucks in duties

@scopopulus:  5 tins of portions average around $25, 5 tins loose average $29 for me in the last two months (been stocking up during the cool weather).

I use General loose snus in my nose. I let it dry a day or two, so it’s not quite so moist, then use it like a rappee snuff. It’s very nice if you don’t like it in your lip, like me. I bought a bunch at the local “kum n go”(yes, it really is their name!) for $.99, it was out of date, but I put it in the freezer and its just fine. If you like dark rappee(think SG Black Rappee) snuff, its worth a go.

I used it as a teenager in Sweden in the early 80’s, Grov loose was my brand. It was my favorite form of tobacco.

I have tried and continue to use it to this day. I ordered some General Original Portions and it helped me remove a 10 year smoking habit that was 6 years ago. So glad to have snus. I only wish Health Canada would get on board with harm reduction instead of painting all tobacco products with the same brush.

Been using it for many years and will continue to use it as long as I can!

I didn’t want it to happen, but I have fallen in love with snus. I first tried snus approximately a year and a half ago. I bought about 30 totally random, all portion, all different strength snuses from Northerner. I had a great couple of months trying them all out. The problem I found was 3-fold. 1) When I snused, I lost desire to snuff, 2) it was a lot more expensive than snuff and 3) as much as I did enjoy it, I still preferred snuff. As a passionate devoted snuffer, losing the desire to snuff really bothered me and snus is so darn convenient, I came to see it as a threat to my beloved snuff. Using that reason and also higher cost, I decided snus was not for me. Then about a year later, I noticed @bob raving about loose snus which I hadn’t tried. He made the point that it was much more economical which it very much is. So I decided to give snus another try. I ordered a roll of Oden’s Extreme los, Odens Extreme Kanel 59 los, and a roll of Thunder Frosted los. Even though the Extremes were way too strong for me, it was love at first sight. At exactly the same time my local tobacconist got the Thunder Chew range in and the prismaster prilla making tool. I instantly fell in love with the Thunder Frosted Chew (wasn’t that fussed over the other two) and found the prismaster perfect for the snuses (but not needed for the Chews). I decided to keep the Extremes for occasional use (that’s recently gone out of the window) to preserve a moderate tolerance and stuck to the Thunder frosted los and chew, but by that point I was now a firm fan of loose and wanted more brands so ordered rolls of Oden’s Original los and General los. I found these much less exciting after the Thunders and Extremes, but my tolerance soon readjusted and I came to enjoy them very much, so they became my main snuses. Now I’m well and truly sucked in, but have managed to be more disciplined so as not to exclude snuff. With the weaker snuses, I can still snuff, so I do. I’ve bought a fiendish amount of bulk snuff but am worried about snusapocalypse, so I’m currently spending this month and next 3ish months stocking freezer full of all the loose snuses I want. They are: - all the odens (love this brand) - general and general extra strong - both goteborgs - skruf - ettan - thunder frosted - phantom - offroad spearmint - grovsnus - rhoda And probably few others I forget right now. Goal: 400ish cans. Yes, I am well and truly hooked on snus. Love it. Only loose though. And happy I’ve found a way to not let it interfere with my snuff use. I still go through 10-15g of snuff a day and about 5 snus prillas of varying strengths. Tolerance has gone up. Oh well. Happy days. Even more acute TAD!

Hey guys, if you havent tried it already I suggest you do. There is a snus for everyone :slight_smile: As some of you might know snus is not allowed within the European Union so all customers have to reside outside of the EU. I have created a special promo code called “HOUSETRY” its an exclusive bonus for this forum and will give you 15% off. Valid this month only. Hope this will be of interest for some of you :slight_smile: Johan

snusline ships to EU and I’m sure others do, Northerner for example? Just checked your website. Good prices, free shipping when buying a roll, and you recognise Switzerland is not EU. I will be buying from you. :slight_smile:

Great just what I needed ,another tobacco addiction .Thanks snuffhouse. :smiley:

Hehe, for those of you residing outside of EU and have never tried snus. Send me a PM and I will try to send you some samples to try.

Great just what I needed ,another tobacco addiction .Thanks snuffhouse. :smiley:

You won’t regret it. I love snus very nearly as much as snuff.

I have indeed, actually started being a regular snus-user before I got into snuff. I use snus at work because it’s discrete but I really prefer snuff, it’s rare that I reach into my snus-tin at home.

Hehe, for those of you residing outside of EU and have never tried snus. Send me a PM and I will try to send you some samples to try.

One question though @SnusDirect. Swiss customs seem very adept at catching tobacco products sent in cardboard boxes, but pretty useless when sent in padded envelopes and import duty here is ridiculously expensive. If just prior to ordering, I use the Contact Us page and request padded envelope instead of box, can you accommodate this? If not, this is a deal breaker for me.

@SnusDirect — did I miss a post on where you ship to? I am under the impression you do not ship to US — is this correct?

Don’t some companies sneak around the EU snus ban by sending snus to EU countries from an American warehouse?