Perfecting The Pinch

I really love the mess :wink:

Oh JohnnyFriday, you are not suppose to make public your weekend trends!!  :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought juxtaposer was being facetious, so I thought Id take it a step further… I guess I read too much into it.

I got pinching down pretty quickly for the medium moisture & grind like many English varieties. The hard part came when I started trying to use toasts and scotches. For whatever reason, they pinch differently for me than moister snuffs.

The best are schmalzlers. I could never understand how anyone could make enough of any snuff get to the right spot in the nose until I started with schmalzlers. They are so clumpy, it’s so much easier to take a pinch and just set it inside my nose.

1. Quadruple the size of your pinch. 2. Insert the pinch slightly into the nose. 3. Take a short, sharp but gentle inhalation.

Most people who try this discover snuff taking as opposed to learning how to tolerate it.

for me it’s the other way round a bunch of tiny pinches layered ontop of each other is what leaves my nose happy. Big pinches piss my nose off really badly. Odd but true.

@Snuffter, I have to say that you changed my life. Tried your method with F&T Princes and loved it!!! burned as hell, but the flavor was so different. 

PS: Still burning :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got a question about pinching for those that do it, when you pinch do you sniff everything that you pinched?  If not, what do you do with it?  It seems like a waste to drop it, but also kinda unsanitary to put back in the box.  What’s everyone doing?

Shawn

I rub the fingers that still have snuff on them together holding them under my nose and sniffing. Sometimes you have to rub them together pretty hard.

It all goes up. Make them big ones or you’ll never get what snuff is.

1 Like

After 2 years, I’m half way there! Any day now…

I feel that there is very little that can go wrong with the pinch. Snuff it with a hearty gusto. 

1 Like

I just have issue when I get a “snuffstache”  or a snuffy shirtfront, or if it goes too far back in the throat.

I’ve been learning the pleasures of the boxcar method and also scooping it onto my thumbnail or fingernail, after watching the German snuff championship on another thread. Both methods make it much easier for me to take large pinches. Enjoying snuffing even more.

I just tried the thumbnail thing on some Medic. I feel like I just lost a nasal version of the cinnamon challenge.

Just don’t think about it too much, I think investing it with any notion of skill is unhelpful - there is absolutely no skill involved in taking a pinch of snuff. I am one of the most clumsy, uncoordinated oafs imaginable, if I can do it a chimp can. Maybe it gets mixed up with the sensation itself, which does take a while to learn to really enjoy, and maybe the thought develops that the pinch itself is to blame for that? I had been snuffing for years before I discovered the mega-pinch was a more pleasant and a less irritating experience.

Everyone has a diffrent nose things go in diffrent. I think however your best shot is to just keep doing it and you’ll naturaly gravitate towards the best way for you to take snuff oddly spoons work really well for me.

i find if i dont touch my nose with my fingers i get better results it goes where its suppose to regardless of the grind i can use the same power of sniff on any grid without it hitting my sinuses it goes sexactly where its supposed to and i end up with a better nasal coverage and it goes where its supposed to. i think i have finally perfected the pinch heres how i do it

1. take a pinch out of the can
  2. blow the excess off
    3 bring my fingers to where the tip is just before touching
    4 spread my fingers
    5 breath in like i would normally breath
  3. wipe the excess off on the inner edge of my can

dont have to wipe my nose just my fingers

1 Like

im still practicing with it but i think ive about got it perfected have to breathe a little lighter with the fin snuffs

The pinch is effective, and the backhand snuffing is ok as long as There’s no wind.But if you really want a way to truly injoy the beauty of your favorite snuff then go Balls to the wall and cut you n half a straw make yourself a decent rail don’t be a pany ass with the size of that line as soon as you’ve finished making you’re line don’t think about just do it lightly but with relish snort that mathafucka yes it’s going to sting but you’ll be so nict up you won’t even notice and once you’ve done this you’ll have become more attuned to wat is the real nature of snuff no shitt Word of caution not be done regularly cuz the buzz is fun unless you have a shitt load of money for snuff but it should be done at least two to three time’s every 6 month’s so that you stay close and get to know more of the spirit of snuff it’ll teach you thing’s for me a lot about myself and if I really even truly like this brand,flavor,ect of fucking snuff or not.