Snuffing for beginners

I am going to assume you are a smoker who wants to quit with snuff. Assuming I’m right, you have made a good decison. Snuff can help you do it but you need to take it in sufficient quantity to get the nicotine and alkaloids your brain requires, _ before _ it can re-wire and tell you to reach for snuff and not whatever you are trying to quit.

I believe a lot of people dabble with snuff but just don’t ever take enough to really start quelling the pangs. So get your technique right and double the size of your pinch. Sneezing is allowed but will taper off - and having doubled the size of your pinch of snuff you will have realised that in the world of polyfractal snuff space doubling actually burns less. And then two pig pinches whenever you want a cigarette - then as the great Professor Philps Griffiths points out your craving will eventually be for snuff. http://www.snuffbox.org.uk/

:))

Good tip.  The big pinch causing less problems is so damn counterintuitive, but it’s dead on.  The first time I saw that time on here I gave it a shot and it worked.  I was prepared for my own death.

Great idea for a thread. I find with a large pinch that i struggle to take it in one sniff and have to take several for each nostril. Even more so if trying the breathing in first method I just run out of breath. Equally with scotches and White Indian I find no matter how lightly I sniff I still cough. No matter though, I’ll get there in the end and it’s definitely a good replacement to cigarettes.

As a new snuffer myself (been using for about 2 months now) I would recommend against the bullet and get a box instead. Of course this is simply a personal preference. On my first snuff order I got one of the metal bullets from mrsnuff.com. While it does work I found it was hard to get a consistant amount to come up, and sniffing direct was too painful. Then again, the POSH bullet might work better than the cheaper metal ones. Just my two cents.

I ordered a toque bullet. Ill let you know when I get it how it works.  However there is a youtube of a guy using one that is basically a tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f42-jbPXVi8&feature=related

On further review, it looks like maybe an acrylic… however the principle is probably the same as it has the side “valve”.

That’s crazy because that’s actually SNUFFSTER in that video!!!

I thought that was Tropical Bob?

Snuff bullets do have their fans. I wouldn’t say the Toque bullets are the best, but they’re very reasonable, plus they come with snuff. Someone recommended that I start with those to see if I even liked it prior to ordering a more expensive one.

And I’m glad I did because I don’t like snuff bullets, but I still got a little extra Quit and Natural Toast for my effeort.

Some have successfully bored out the serving cup of a toque bullet for a better dose.

It increases it by a few grains but not much. Bullets are a complete waste of time if you have a serious snuff habit. You can take multiple doses but that still only works if you don’t take a big pinch, otherwise its just a hassle. A good idea that doesn’t work. Learn to pinch.

I just received a Toque bullet this morning, and it’s pretty good. I actually had an acrylic one that was 3x as much cost wise but the Toque is much better. It’s easier to use and you can see how much snuff is in the dose. For me bullets are just for when I’m in certain public situations where I don’t want to pinch, or if it’s windy. It depends on the situation. I don’t always need a big pinch and it’s easier when I’m out and about to use a bullet, and if I want more I simply use it again, or until I’ve had the amount I want.

@Bart - Snuffster is Tropical Bob? If so I want a discount on my international shipping rates!

I have found that the use of a bullet, at least for me, depends on the snuff.  Some are just wonderful to use in a bullet, others fly right up to the top of your head and set your scalp on fire.  I have an aluminum bullet, but my big beef with it is the portion size.  I have to take many, many hits off of it before I get enough snuff.  I’m a bit of a heavy user though.

I dont have my bullet yet, but I hope the dosing isnt extremely small.  I would estimate that I snuff 2-3 pea sized hits per nostril each time I snuff. 

I quite liked my toque bullet when it was prefilled but never seemed to have the same luck when refilling. I found the snuff kept getting caked around the o ring and made it difficult to turn. Was handy when I started snuffing as I tend to get messy at work but soon found it to be more hassle than it’s worth

I do think they are very good for fine dry snuffs though and Dholkia white taken from a metal bullet is the closest thing to a pull on a Marlboro red the snuff world can offer. So on blance: great for dry snuffs.

Am I Tropical Bob???..I so am not Tropical Bob it’s not true. He’s a splendid chap but I am not, nor ever have or will be Tropical Bob. 

I can’t see a diffrence. It’s like clark kent and superman except it’s the hat not the glasses right?

That Snuffster guy is a hoolagan! Kinda looks like my brother actually.

Will you ever see us both in the same room, is the question to ask. It is pretty unlikely in all honesty;) TB is a heroic tobacco guy though - just watching him makes me want to use whatever he is speaking about because he makes it look so good.