The RPG Thread

The computer games were fantastic, but even still I prefer the pen and paper version, at least the Old WoD. New WoD is just utter crap. And yes, Vampire was my favorite (Clan Tremere, to be specific), but Changeling the Dreaming and Werewolf come in tied for second.

Gangrel right here :stuck_out_tongue: .  Favorite of the Clans.  Have you heard about the new World of Darkness MMO they are working on…?

MMO?! No but I’m looking it up now! lol

Pretty much anything bethesda are prepared to throw this way! Skyrim obsessed right now. I’m eraserhead78 on xbox live if there’s any other live people here

@Harlequin : I flipped out too :stuck_out_tongue: .  Very excited to see and hear more about it

How many of these games cost you a fee to play online? My friend loved, I think it was Dragon Age 2 (on the PSN), but stopped online play when it just got too expensive.

I will only play online games if I am not charged.  I tried WoW awhile ago, and the whole pay-to-play thing bothered me, and so I stopped.  I’m hoping that the WoD MMO isn’t pay to play

I haven’t been on Snuffhouse much lately, because my home PC crashed just before New Year’s Eve, and the times I can access the site from my office PC are few and far between.

The good news (and what makes this post on-topic) is that my new PC is on order – an Alienware X51.  Once received, I should be able to play any game I choose, regardless of system requirements. I can’t wait!
:smiley:

@PipenSnusnSnuff  Pong will run like a scalded cat on that thing!

LOL

But will it blend?

They still make Alienware?! That in itself is news to me!

Dell bought them out.  Way cheaper to build your own with high end components

but easier to mess up

I haven’t had a new computer on ages…the awesome hardware I get to work on has spoiled me, and I don’t want to spend that kind of money on my own rig.  It’s hard to find that balance.

@JohnnyFriday:  Agreed, one can get a much better and cheaper rig by going the DIY route.  But then you’re stuck with having to fix it yourself, too, if something goes wrong.  A lot of us just don’t want to mess with all that.  For a casual gamer like me, the choice was obvious.  Your mileage may differ.

Besides, I’ve dreamed of owning an Alienware machine for years, but the price range was always way out of my reach.  Finally, they created an affordable line of gaming PCs with the X51 series.  The reviews at places like CDNet and PC Magazine have all been good, too – I haven’t seen any review yet with less than four out of five stars.

As long as you’re happy thats all that matters. I havent kept up with them, so I don’t know how expensive they are. They used to be insane.

About twice a year back in highschool my friends and I would make the most expensive system you could on their website.  It was easy to hit $7k.

I always thought they looked awesome too… but if you were in public with one of their laptops Im sure you’d look like a nerd.

Here’s my laptop I never use.  I seriously have used it less than 10 hours in 6 months.

Dell xps 17 3.2 ghz core i5 2520m, 4 gig ram, 17.3in FHD WLED AG (1920x1080), JBL 2.1 Speakers with Waves Maxx Audio 3 (it sounds awesome for a laptop), NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M. I was like 1,300 in June, now its like a grand.

@JohnnyFriday : Oh man, I love that shit.  WILL IT BLEND.  Crazy guy.  The lighters one was pretty funny lol

And by the way, nice laptop.  When I have some more money in the future I’m gonna look into getting one.  I got a pretty good desktop, but I’d love the portability.

Mine has like no portability.  It gets like 1 1/2 hour battery life unplugged.  I need a netbook or something.

Having gone the Alienware route in the past, I’m just going to build my own in the future.  If you don’t want to build your own, just grab a decent middle of the road desktop for $500-$700.  The Alienware premium (in my opinion) is nice for the first 6 months, before you see people getting comparable machines for half what you paid or less.  Of course, even the DIY route doesn’t offer the same sort of discounts it once did.  On the upside though, by putting it all together myself, I can avoid paying the Microsoft tax, and I can guarantee all my hardware will be linux compatible.  Nothing worse then spending $1200 or more on some machine, getting it, and realising it’s got a goofball sound card that has a broken driver in linux.  Or that there’s no functioning network driver for you NIC, and you’re left completely unable to connect to the internet with your shiny new $1200 door stop.