OT - what's in your stereo?

OTR - Candy Matson, YUkon 2-8209 The private detective from San Francisco who wasn’t a girl, she was all woman! This show first aired in 1949. Her sidekick, Rembrant Watson, was an artist who usually had a hangover.

Whole lot of Gomez on my mp3. Love “Bubble Gum Years” and “Tijuana Lady”.

@Jinder. That’s cool that you dig RA too. I met him in Nashville after he did a show, he put on a good show and was gracious as all get out after playing. Always good to talk to someone who likes americana, I don’t meet many people who are into alt. country or americana or whatever the popular name is for it now. What name did you record under? JInder and the Jets maybe, grin?

@KebAMP -I don’t know all the metal wave neither Gorod but if I hear them I would listen.

@greencrow yeah I’m into Americana (like you say, I wish they’d stop changing the damn name!) from all eras…huge fan of Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clark, Emmylou, Gram Parsons, Hank Williams, Jimmie Rodgers, Chris Whitley, Cash, Lucinda Williams, Kristofferson, Carter Family, Wilco/Uncle Tupelo/Son Volt, Ryan and many more. My parents listened to a lot of country when I was growing up, so it’s ingrained somehow. I like blues too, but not in the same way at all. I appreciate blues, whereas I really ‘feel’ old school and modern alternative country. Hehehe ‘Jinder and The Jets’ is better than any bandname I’ve come up with! I normally record under plain and simple ol’ ‘Jinder’, but I fronted a band called The Mercurymen from '06-'09, we’re long dead but thanks to some good luck we had a brief bout of success in the UK, some nice radio play and some great tours in nice venues. On my own my records normally fly under the radar a bit and I mainly play folk clubs and the occasional little arts centre, but it’s good fun and keeps me busy :slight_smile:

Not listening to anything right now, but I mostly listen to metal like Whitechapel, The Black Dahlia Murder, The Faceless, Chelsea Grin. Im a metal head \m/

A nondescript Bagpipe CD.

The Cramps - Green Fuzz

2 Likes

@Gandalf I’m sure you’ll love it! The co-main musical influence of Gorod is jazz. It shows very often in numbers of their songs.

Currently listening to ‘A New Morning’ by Suede. It may have been the album that annihilated the band’s career and alienated 99% of their fans, but it’s still got some moments of greatness on it. The 3CD reissue package is beautifully done, too.

@Jinder My tastes run with yours on most of what you listed. I just listened to your cover of Townes Van Zandt’s If I needed you. Townes will break your heart won’t he, man, the first time I heard Marie the world changed a bit.

Right now I’m listening to Ethel Waters sing some of the off color songs that she wrote and sang before she found God and went to work with the Billy Graham Crusade. e.g.; My Handy Man (1928) http://www.themadmusicarchive.com/song\_details.aspx?SongID=7425

meat puppets-i’m a mindless idiot.

OTR Dragnet (on the radio) (I’m a “cops & robbers” fan if you hadn’t figured it out yet.)

Elton John - Captain Fantastic LP

@Jinder just been listening to some of your music. Love it man. I am a folky so it kind of right up my street.

I listen too: kate Bush,Lennon or psychédélic techno like Infected Mushroom.In fact I think I like the best for my delicate ear on every music style :slight_smile:

@greencrow @jinder … nice to see some fellow No Depression, Postcard lovin’ folks on here … saw many Tupelo/Son Volt and Wilco shows. Loved Ryan Adams’ Whiskeytown, “Strangers Almanac” is a classic … I suspect you both are Steve Earle fans … maybe Richard Buckner as well? Most know Earle, Buckner is unique. I use to follow Blue Mountain, Scud Mountain Boys(Joe Pernice is a master craftman) and the Jayhawks around back in the 90’s … I really miss those intimate 50-100 seat bars … I think the jayhawks are back together again, in their original Louris/Olson combo.

The Doo Wop Box Set (assorted)

Hell yeah Steve Earle and Townes Van Zandt. I love old blues folk I’m a huge Ledbelly and Robert Johnson fan as well. Justin Townes Earles’s new album Harlem River Blues is good stuff too. Like Dylan, Jennings, Haggard, and Willie and Cash although Johnny Cash is way too covered. I swear if one more cover of Folsom Prison I’ll - well yeah.