Snuff Meet In London or Surrey Area?

Well this thread was about a meeting in London, or the Surrey area

@Roderick - You guys sure have some bills to pay! There are places in the US that are far more expensive then Boston. New york for one is pretty expensive, but I think San Fransico and Los Angeles are off the charts. Thanks for the info I was looking for though! @Snuff - SOrry for hijacking yoru thread, all this talk about meeting got me thinking about how much I would love to live over there for a while. Sorry…

Dajawu, not my thread, it’s NoseBag’s. But really it is hard to draw comparisons, Here in the UK food is, in general the same if your in the South, or North. But house prices are higher in the South, but so is the average income. As a northerner I know I will cry in my beer at the prices charged if we have the meeting in central London, lol. But lets take it with a pinch of snuff.

Yeah unfortunately California leads the pack in cost of living. We have the highest percentage of million dollar homes almost 1 in 25. Along with the highest gas in the nation. But I know what you mean about the midwest. That is why my dad retired to Missouri. I’m blown away on how cheap things are when I go visit. You can find land there for a few hundred an acre. Thats unheard of. You can buy a smaller house in town for $30,000. That would buy you about an acre of undeveloped land in a rural area here in CA.

All makes me glad I live in Hull! Okay, so the petrol is still expensive but otherwise life is affordable.

Petrol may be more in UK but there are public transport alternatives. Passenger busses and trains are woefully inadequate here – we are so screwed.

Troutstroker, What are they charging in Cali for gas these days? It’s $4.59 at the cheapest place here.

TheLong, The station thats closest to me is right at $4.07 as of today. But just up the Hwy about 35 miles its up around $5.63 as of last week. You can find in and around Sacramento for $3.80-$3.90. Bay area around San Francisco is about $4.00. And it seems to go up about 2 cents a day. This exact time last year I was getting for about $2.50-$2.80. You don’t use much gas on the island do you?

I’ve exercised my democratic right and voted today in the local elections, won’t be able to change the government for another year / 18 months, but let’s start with the local councils first eh?! Also what with the lorry drivers protesting in central London the other day over petrol prices, hopefully something will change soon! Let’s get back on track with the snuff meet in London… I suppose we ought to meet near a tube / train station and then move on to somewhere more suitable. How about the Hamilton Halls pub which is just above Liverpool Street train and tube? We can then move on to anywhere that takes people’s fancy fairly easily. Shall we aim for middle May. Would a weekday or weekend be best? Two choices then are Saturday 17th or Wednesday 21st May. The date with the most votes wins!

NoseBag Charing Cross is supposed to be the centre of London. I would suggest a meet at Wetherspoons Montagu Pyke 105 Charing Cross Road. It is only 1 minuet walk from Smith & Son! For me the day would depend on Train fare etc. That I’ll check later.

Snuff Head… Charring Cross doesn’t happen to be the station that trains arrive in from Hull does it? LOL!! I don’t mind the location, anywhere near a main train station is fine. Victoria would be best for me, but as some have said they are coming from Essex Liverpool St. would be closest for them. Wetherspoons Montagu Pyke 105 Charing Cross Road it is then…

No… trains from Hull go to Kings Cross - the old LNER station. Don’t think I can manage either of those dates. Elder daughter (down in Cornwall) gets married at the end of May. Need to watch the funds!

NoseBag, as ermtony said, I would arrive at Kings Cross. For me, once in London to get to Liverpool Street station would be about the same distance as getting to Charing Cross Road (Leicester Sq. tube) Then across the road to the Weatherspoons Pub I just mentioned. Thought it was central, damn the Essex Snuffers, I’d be coming over 200 miles! You Southerners don’t know anyplace north of Watford Gap. Lol!

I’m from Burnley, just adopted by a southern wife and resident here. They are a funny lot down south, all think the north is one big Coronation Street . My wife still mocks my accent, although I can’t quite see the grounds for it. I mean, where is the ‘R’ in Bath or Grass. Soft southern bedwetters. I will meet anywhere as a gesture of solidarity. Should we invite troutstroker? Have we decided a date?

No! Don’t invite Troutstroker, He’d want us to meet at Heathrow Airport lol!

Ha, LOL. With the exchange rate, I couldn’t afford to get off the plane!! I was thinking the Old Faithful Inn at Yellowstone National Park might be a good place to meet. We could take a few snuffs while watching the Old Faithful Geyser erupt and maybe do some buffalo tipping? Let me know if that works. Or maybe meet in Las Vegas and share some snuff at the poker table? So are any of you around London going to the UFC 85 right there in London on June 7th. ?? That would be a good place for Roderick to do some advertising/product pushing. A big Toque logo on the center of the octagon?.

The old faithful inn sounds a fantastic place to meet, damn that pesky Atlantic!

May you tell me the place and date for snuff meeting?..I’d love so much to go!..

Hi macalpe, Nothing is finalised yet. NoseBag has suggested Saturday 17th, or Wednesday 21st of this month. I suggested we meet at the Montaqu Pyke Public House address 150 Charing Cross Road. It is in the hart of London and only a little walk from G. Smith & Sons. As I say nothing yet is fixed.

Date is still to be decided… Two choices are Saturday 17th or Wednesday 21st May. Not being a football fan, but realising we’re getting close to the end of the season… Is Saturday 17th May FA Cup Final? If so I imagine people would want to avoid it! I’m away back end of May until middle June (my brother is looking after Snuff Store during this period) if the dates above are too ‘close’ for people’s diaries, then I’m happy to change the dates to end of June. Cheers Tim