PACT , the FDA and Poschl

Don’t know, ask them.

What I’m trying to figure out is why Get Snus’ shipping rates quadrupled.

getsnus seems to be about $12 something now for shipping, and it’s UPS.

Its always been UPS. I ordered from them before, I think I picked up 7 or 8 cans, shipping was $3 and change.

Yes, it was, though sometimes it was sent usps too, but either way, it was around $3.

@cstokes- I’m guessing it’s the age verification system is the reason for the shipping costs.

Chances are that Northerner came in and told them that they were not charging enough for shipping.

That’s okay Roderick, at least I know you won’t be extorting anyone.

Roderick, please keep us posted. I will want to get a gigantic order in before anything changes.

“May you live in interesting times”, indeed.

So how is this age verification going to work through some sites? Please don’t tell me you’re gonna make it be 21-or-older, like some cigar sites out there…as I’m only 20. I don’t understand why some sites do that, the legal age (at least here) is 18 after all…

It’s not elaborate at all. And, IMHO, it’s no excuse to quadruple the shipping cost.

I still like the “plain brown wrapper” idea. Label it as instant tea or something. The bulk Toques would be easy to label as instant tea, because they are in baggies, and it really does look like instant tea.

Excuse me while I calmly rap my tin and have a pinch as the hatchet falls…

Getsnus had age verification software since I’ve been shopping with them, that’s almost 2 years now. So its nothing new. Also, I can’t see Pöschl realistically pulling out of the US market. They already have the largest market share here. Something will work itself out. Something is not making much sense with all of this.

Well, the fact that Poschls US distributor sent their entire stock back to Germany is a grim sign. Perhaps sales were not what we thought they were.

I also just noticed that Poschl no longer list Packards Club, Ozona Orange, and Ozona Spearmint for their offerings. This is of course on the non-Germany site.

You know what is really strange and should make everyone feel really confused. When I checked it out my shipping cost went down a lot ups. Which just makes it even more of a conundrum.

I’m confused, because some places I read that private carriers will deliver tobacco, and other places I’m reading they won’t.

May I ask which Poschl products are/were USA-only?