PACT , the FDA and Poschl

Thank You for the confirmation Dave. Bad as the news is, President and Packards were my ‘fall back’ supply when traveling, could usually find one or the other someplace if I miscalculated and didn’t pack enough Actually that FDA requirement on dry snuff (lumped in with snus because the buffoons in the district of Corruption don’t know the difference) represents a back door expansion of FDA authority. Their charter limits them to food and critical medical devices, CT scanners, X-Ray, MRI etc. They’ve been trying to expand their authority for years, into non-food products, vitamins etc. One of the arguments (to be heard in court later, maybe, if anyone sues) is that dry nasal snuff falls into the same non-food category as herbal medicines and vitamins and therefore is outside of FDA jurisdiction. Problem is that no one has been harmed … yet, so there is no standing for a lawsuit … yet. I’ll just depress myself and everyone else if I relate any of the FDA horror stories I have personal knowledge and/or experience with. Best to just leave leave the whole thing as the very bad news it is! Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Which snuff brands, if any, are FDA approved? I heard Toque was going through the process, any others?

I think Roderick is the only one now. Don’t hold your breath for WoS or Samuel Gawith. SG can’t even return a damn email.

@Cstokes: the full line is available in Germany because I shipped the US snuffs to Guenter. When they are sold out, then that’s it. I suppose there is a slim possibility that Poschl in Germany might continue selling the US-only snuffs in Europe, but based on past performance (eg Packards - remember the thread on that about 2 years ago) it seems unlikely. @FireMarth: I heard that Samuel Gawith (ie the 4 brands PK imports) are registered, and of course Toque. To the best of my knowledge none have been approved yet. I have spoken with Ian McChrystal and he is in the process. Dave at Wilson’s told me a while back he intends to register. Again I would suggest that if any of the Poschl snuffs are in your favorite list better get them soon. I would imagine in about a month they’ll be collectors items. Of course I could, indeed I hope, I am wrong. Dave

Problem with submitting to FDA is that your ingredients even if not your process becomes public record, available to anyone. Rumor has it that snuff manufacturers are rather protective of their ingredients and processes.

Sadly Dave, I think you may be on target. After all, if I had to choose either Bayern Prise or Packards Club… it wouldn’t be a hard decision. Poschl knows they can make money selling authentic German snuff inside of Germany, they don’t need the US brands. I’m still surprised that they didn’t register. They are mostly the only brand people see inside of tobacconist shops.

Again the question arises, can American citizens order non-FDA registered snuff?

Sure, as long as they are not sold domestically. EDIT: The FDA has no control over what another country sells you over the internet.

Then why are the Swedish snus sellers not selling the non-FDA snus to the US?

Don’t know, ask them.

What I’m trying to figure out is why Get Snus’ shipping rates quadrupled.

getsnus seems to be about $12 something now for shipping, and it’s UPS.

Its always been UPS. I ordered from them before, I think I picked up 7 or 8 cans, shipping was $3 and change.

Yes, it was, though sometimes it was sent usps too, but either way, it was around $3.

@cstokes- I’m guessing it’s the age verification system is the reason for the shipping costs.

Chances are that Northerner came in and told them that they were not charging enough for shipping.

That’s okay Roderick, at least I know you won’t be extorting anyone.

Roderick, please keep us posted. I will want to get a gigantic order in before anything changes.

“May you live in interesting times”, indeed.

So how is this age verification going to work through some sites? Please don’t tell me you’re gonna make it be 21-or-older, like some cigar sites out there…as I’m only 20. I don’t understand why some sites do that, the legal age (at least here) is 18 after all…