Question about the passage of the PACT act...

Read through the “Latest update on the PACT act” thread.

I hope you are right, and you seem to know what you are talking about, though isn’t one of the big issues of this Pact is to stop smuggling from nontaxed ciggs and counterfiets from overseas? I ordered a carton of Winstons from the Phillipines a while back.

I know northerner is lock stepping and will be limiting snus selection complying withe extra bs fda regs. wtf are the Indians filing appeals and tying this crap bill up?

I hate to drudge all this up again, but I have been out of the loop, and I pretty much totally ignore the news because I simply cant stomache it. What does all this really boil down to? I can still order Snuff online, and get all the kinds I want but I am going to be taxed for it? If so I can live with that… Ok So Nicotine rush is moving to the UK? That kinda blows if thats the case, because I live in Fl, and Toms 2 days deliveries rock, but I will survive. Can anyone just be kind and summarize all the crap I am going to have to put up with? :stuck_out_tongue:

You pretty much summed it up. The other 8 PACT threads have other info.

Ok, well ty. So tom is definetly moving Nicotine rush to UK? Also the bill did indeed pass right? Its not still in question.

It passed last month and signed about a week later.

It goes into law June 30th. And Nicotine Rush and Mr. Snuff are both moving to the UK. From what I gather about PACT is that interstate trafficking of tobacco products (excluding cigars) will be illegal, unless you are a retailer and ordering from a wholesaler. If you are just a normal person, as we are, we cannot have tobacco shipped to us, unless we order from overseas as the US government cannot impede on international sales. This is just what I’ve come to understand, I could be wrong though.

Shipping is legal for businesses just not through USPS. Unless of course you are a private individual , then you can use USPS. The appropriate taxes must be paid by the seller, and sent to the various states.

Well I guess Im just going to stock pile like its WWIII, while my beloved Nicotine Rush is only 3 hours away from me and snuff is still cheap as dirt! :frowning:

what does this to to US Scotches? How would we purchase them in the future? Will the companies still be allowed to make them?

You can buy them from me. I sell them for $10.00 a can.

1 Like

I have them for $8.75.

1 Like

My price includes shipping.

Mine includes shipping and an ISTA badge and arm band.

LMAO

From my homepage. It’s time to let everyone know what is happening with regard to PACT. PACT Act and NicotineRush As of June 30th, when the new law goes into effect, we will ship all tobacco products from the United Kingdom. A new law. the PACT Act, passed by congress and signed into law by the president, becomes effective June 30th 2010. This new law will make it virtually impossible to sell many tobacco products, including snuff, in the United States via the internet, mail order, or phone order. Shipping via the postal service has also been outlawed. Nicotine Rush has made the decision to move it’s entire operation to the United Kingdom. All the details have yet to be worked out, but things are moving along nicely. We hope to maintain prices at about their current levels, although American snuffs will certainly rise somewhat in price as I will have to pay shipping to me, and then shipping to the UK. I am also hoping that there will be very little, if any, lapse in service to my customers. I am hoping to keep shipping costs to the consumer at the current flat rate, but this may change, (up OR down), after discussions with Royal Mail in the UK. So far, things look pretty good in this regard. Shipping times will increase. Orders that usually take 3 days will now take about 6. One excellent benefit to all this is that we will most certainly be able to provide you with many more of the worlds snuffs as I will now have access to many that were unavailable before. We are starting to experience shortages in some of our lines. It is senseless for us to purchase much more inventory, if we have to turn around and reship it back overseas. The cost for me to do this is significant. I appreciate your patience and understanding in this difficult time. Tom

Thanks for the update, Tom.

Best of luck, Tom; we’re all pulling for you here…

Welcome to Old Country Mr Nicotine Rush and Mr Snuff! Hope you do well and it’s good to have more online stores operating in Europe. Pity for America but that’s the way business goes nowadays. Looking forward ordering American snuffs from you soon.