what is the worst snuff you have tried?

Anything by G&H IMO, I’ve tried at least 10 of their snuffs and disliked every one. Stefan

1 Like

Toque Bourbon, very clumpy and a rather unpleasant smell which lingered far to long

1 Like

WOS’ Royal George, to me it tasted like baby powder.

1 Like

Taxi Menthol. No words can describe how terrible it is.

1 Like

@ Roderick 100 year satisfaction, huh. In that case I might as well let you know I have a problem with a few of your snuffs: Menthol Cheese and Bacon Toast and Marmalade Spanish Gem My problem with all of these is basically with the tins they are in. While they were full when I got them, they are almost completely empty now. I am not sure if they are leaking or if the snuff is just magically evaporating. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Pieter, I like taxi menthol! I shall have a pinch now, me thinks.

1 Like

Bradmajor i thoroughly disagree with your view on jockey club, i enjoy the flowery fragrances.

1 Like

McChrystals Clove, Dholakia Wine and Cheese, Toque Pomegranate, all the mentholated Poschl snuffs (except Packards Club and President) and Samuel Gawith Jockey Club. The Dholakia Wine and Cheese is the worst of the lot for me though.

1 Like

what does everyone have against jockey club? its got a lovely flowery fragrance

2 Likes

Jockey club is soapy and over-sweet. I second magnet menthol as worst snuff however; a touch too hard and its like being slapped with a minty brick.

1 Like

@f.j.craig: I don’t particularly enjoy Samuel Gawith’s or Wilsons’ Jockey Club either, but they’re both magnificent snuffs compared to that Gawith Hoggarth abomination.

1 Like

i don’t think i have ever come across a snuff that i have found totally unpleasent however i would third that magnet menthol snuff is the worst snuff i have tried.

1 Like

I’ve had Jockitch Club. A bit too perfumey. Reminds me of… well I dunno because I’ve never been to hell.

2 Likes

In no particular order: Magnet Peach, Rockit Cherry Pop, Gawith Apricot, QWS Sandalwood, QWS Jasmine, FUBAR RnR, Dean Swift Jasmine, Dean Swift Camelopard, Toque Cheese & Bacon, Ozona Raspberry, Ozona Cherry. I think French Carotte, Jockey Club and Royal George are pretty nice when used in moderation. I love Toque Pomegranate, and McChrystal’s Clove. Don’t know what’s the matter with you guys…

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s the worst snuff. That belongs to Gletscher Prise. Toque Pom and McC Clove are wonderrrrrful snuffs.

1 Like

Hmmm, there’s something about “to each his own” that I try to keep in mind. I’m with CS: I couldn’t get the Gletscher out of my nose fast enough! And yet it’s a very popular snuff. It’s funny that this thread has popped up. I’ve been thinking of asking if there’s a truly bad snuff out there; not just one that one particular snuffer doesn’t like, but one that’s bad. Poor tobacco, artificial scents, you get the idea. I haven’t bumped into one yet myself, just curious.

1 Like

Gletscher Prise gets my vote for worst. The only German snuff I have ever bought.

1 Like

Wilsons Jockey Club is the best example of the style, and I periodically enjoy the Gawith Hoggarth offering in moderation. There is something about the Samuel Gawith one though that reminds me of cheap, nasty granny perfume. The Wilsons and GH versions seem more ‘masculine’ to my nose. I wouldn’t say any of the three were daily snuffs for me!

1 Like

My worst is Zuka Black! Terrible, good job it was a fee-bee thrown in with an order.

2 Likes

Now that I recall, Buttercup was really bad for a simple, unadorned snuff. The butter tasted like the ersatz butter flavoring you get with microwave popcorn. I emptied the smashbox out to use it for other purposes.

1 Like