What do you 'do'?

So as a bit of fun and to demonstrate how snuff is used by people from every walk of life I thought I’d ask the question above. Me? Well thanks for asking! I currently work as a digital marketing manager at a small marketing agency in Dunedin NZ. Creating and looking after websites, email marketing along with regular activity for a wide variety of clients from engineering companies through to not for profit. How about everyone else?

I was a Master Craftsman in the home remodeling field. Now I am disabled until I recover from cancer surgery.[lost 80 Lbs mostly muscle] Good news my cancer levels blood work has decreased from 130 to 97 in two months.What ever that means?

5 Likes

I was a Radioman in the US submarine service. Recently medically retired and currently about to fly to Nebraska to interview as the dispatch/operations center manager for the Nebraska State Patrol.

1 Like

@basement_shaman‌ that’s great news! I hope the recovery goes well and you can head back to your craft. Sending positive vibes from here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@SandwhichIsles‌ Good luck with your interview! Fingers crossed!

1 Like

I’m a mental health counselor working at a private practice with adolescents and at a chronic pain clinic with adults.

1 Like

I am a civil servant working for the Navy. I manage an office that does training for our forces.

1 Like

@SgtJon‌ yokosuka or sasebo?

1 Like

I own a behavioral health practice.

1 Like

I’m a software developer which explains why I am on here most of the time during business hours :wink:

2 Likes

@SgtJon‌ yokosuka or sasebo?

Yokosuka.

1 Like

self-employed goldsmith

1 Like

Physical Therapist specializing in Geriatrics.

1 Like

I’m an ER clerk at a level 1 trauma center so when people are in some horrific accident I get to go through their wallets and ask their family members about insurance and social security numbers, lol. It’s a fun job, lots of excitement, but it’s also stressful, it’s definitely like some sort of clerical abattoir and hardly anyone stays long. I’ve come to like it a lot but the pay sucks so I won’t be doing it forever.

1 Like

i’m a senior broadcast engineer with a regional sports network in Boston. pretty fun place even though, ironically, I’m not really into sports

2 Likes

I’m a part-time teacher (Latin, Classicial Civilisation and History) and a part-time student (PhD in Criminology/Social Policy).

1 Like

Great thread so far all, interesting hearing just how everyone keeps busy! Makes my marketing ‘fluff’ seem boring :slight_smile:

1 Like

I work for a small grassroots non-profit organization. I’ve been doing it for over 10 years now so I’ve done and seen just about everything, but currently manage an adult workforce program.

1 Like

Among many other things, I did direct care with a paranoid schizophrenic mentally retarded adult for 22 years. Kind of a Rainman type. Except he couldn’t count cards… ratz/

2 Likes

I am a helicopter mechanic for the United States Army. My MOS is phasing out, so I was offered to have the opportunity to work on the Apache (I currently work on the Kiowa Warrior). I politely declined. So now I ride out the rest of my contract a floater. Should be interesting.

1 Like