Favorite Old Mill Snuff and Why?

As the title states, if you would, please. I’m about to go bananas and order a healthy sampler. I googled the topic and found nothing consolidated for ease of use. My apologies if this has already been done. Thanks for your input.

Premiere is great if you like rich, dark, quite moist snuff. A desert snuff, but not a very sweet one. Has some of the characteristics of Premium Club Coarse.

I’ve only tried 4 Old Mill snuffs as of yet and believe me I will be ordering more ASAP. I would say Butternut Toast-is rich, earthy, dark, complex, loads of depth. This one smelled so good I had to try it first. Easy to take-not a lot of burn. I don’t know how the moisture compares to snuff in general. I thought it was dry until I rubbed it between my fingers. Dream Catcher! This snuff is so different than the other 3 I have by Old Mill. It’s silky smooth, medium rich, creamy flavored. So very easy on the nose and the flavor sits quietly (but not too quietly) in the background for a good 20 minutes. Before I tried Dream Catcher my favorite was Edible Arrangements. Now they both tie for second place to Butternut Toast. EA is soft citrus and fruit flavored with just a hint of chocolate, and sweetness! I spent a good 2 days with just this one snuff and I usually want variety throughout the day. I like to snuff EA with my morning tea or any time of day really. They’re all so different from each other. Oh, enjoy! I know you will!

As far as I know, I have now tried every available Old Mill snuff, except for Edible Arrangement and that is on its way. I have quite a few Old Mill Favorites. And I am especially fond of Butternut Toast, Premiere, Cuba Libre, Dreamcatcher, Evangeline, Cafe Brulot, and Acadia. These are all world class snuffs in the highest echelon shared only by Abraxas & Sir Walter Scott–in my cheap and unworthy opinion. But my favorite Old Mill is Melba Toast. There are a few snuffs I am planning to take with me after I die. This is one of them. I hope to have figured out how to do it by then. Maybe one way to take my favorite snuffs with me is to get cremated and have my favorite snuffs mixed with my ashes. Heh heh… that seems like it might be worth a shot. What the hell.

Butternut toast - but I reserve the ability to change my mind should I try more at a later time.

I recently received Butternut Toast, Fleur de Cafe, Pure Virginia Toast, Greyhound, Evangeline, and a sample of Dreamcatcher. I’ve only opened the sample this far as I plan to take my time through these. My initial impression is a comparative one. There is a restaurant my wife and I really enjoy. The chef at that restaurant creatively combines textures, flavors, smells, and sight to create a immensely pleasing multi sensory dining experience. I’m getting a similiar level of experience with Dreamcatcher. It isn’t an all day snuff in my mind. It’s richness can be overwhelming, but it is still so good. Keep in mind, my snuff experience is limited to 2-3 years.

Tried four toasts, Butternut Toast is at the top of my list

Very hard to say I have a favorite, there is not a one that I have tried that I do not find to be exceptional…

Mojito is the latest wonderful snuff from Chef Daniel that I’m enjoying. The essence of freshly crushed mint, with notes of something I can’t quite describe in the background. Fabulous tobacco, as per all his fine artisan snuffs. Simply put, this is one of the best snuffs I’ve ever had. Lingering in the nose for a long while, a pleasant throat drip, fine grind. I can’t pick just one of the Old Mill titles as my fave, since they all are very good. I’m surprised more of us here at SH aren’t trying them as they are true gems of the art of snuffmaking.

Butternut Toast, not only my fave Old Mill but if I could have one last snuff before I died, this would be it. Easy to take and the awesome aroma lasts and lasts…and lasts!

Toast & Jelly. Delicious. Too bad I’m all out :frowning:

@Kentuckysnuff‌ There’s more where that came from.

1 Like

@chefdaniel Thank the Lord.

Revise my statement a bit - My favorite Old Mill Snuff is whichever one I am currently sampling.

Today my Favorite is Olde English Toast … tomorrow, but sure yet :slight_smile:

I’ve heard some of the new ones are pretty good. :wink:

Just tried Mojito, love it! But I like all the others equally… I’ll have to get bigger tins in the future so I can use them more. Right now, I use them all sparingly, and go to the SGs, WoS or other brands when I want to binge. The Old Mills are just too precious to snuff all day. After writing this with my Old Mills sitting nest to me, I’d better have some more Mojito!

@chefdaniel‌ Do you have a favorite of your own snuffs ? Today my favorite is Butternut Toast (I really enjoy drier finer snuffs) I can take this all day long, or relaxing in the evening with a single malt, savoring the growing flavors, all day snuff or complex and wonderful … either way dam fine tobacco

@Derek_007‌ I don’t really have a favorite, but I seem to hit Premiere and Fleur de Cafe more than others.

I finally opened my Butternut Toast. Now, I have to say, this was my “fifth choice” out of the five snuffs in the bundle Daniel put together for me, and I deliberately chose it to try something outside the type of snuff that I usually like. I’m not really a big fan of sweet snuffs. Having said all that, I’m quite enjoying it. The tobacco is probably a lot lighter than some of the other Old Mill snuffs I’ve tried, but it still has a good tobacco flavour, which goes quite well with the toffee, caramel topping. I usually take my coffee black, no sugar, but when I’m drinking coffee like that, it’s one of the few times when I do appreciate a sweet snuff, just as a contrast to the bitterness of the coffee. This would be a very good snuff for that moment. Unlike the Evangeline and Premiere, I’m unlikely to order this one again, just because it’s not really my kind of snuff and I have another snuff (Toque Violet) that fills my very limited need for sweets. Still, I’ll finish the tin with pleasure and it probably won’t take long. But I’m guessing the others in my bag, like Fleur de Cafe and Acadia, are probably more my kind of thing.