Which snuff did you throw out today?

Not everything is a winner and I reckon it’s ok to throw things out when they’re just annoying you. Yesterday I cleared out a few Wilsons of Sharrow. All 10g tins. Gone are: Morlaix, Sherry, Kendal Brown, Burgundy. All dusty, somewhat stale or otherwise bad. Sometimes you just know after the first pinch that you don’t want to keep it. Gave Morlaix a chance of about 10 pinches but it didn’t make the cut. I think WoS Rose might be another casualty. At this rate I think I can safely say I will never order Wilsons of Sharrow again.

Hopefully this will help me find The Worst Snuff. So far I have liked every single snuff I have tried. If I didn’t like it it never bothered me so much that I would never take it again. I am Compelled find a snuff even I will throw out. To help, I like Cheese & Bacon Snuff.

6 Photo LA Gold - The smell reminds me of draino. WOS Lavender and SP extra - Never did like them they where as you describe ““dusty”” Both the Molins snuffs that use potash as a ingredient, tried one of them yesterday and ended up with a sneezing fit that only stopped when I jammed tissue buds up my nose and went to sleep. I’m also on the fence with Samuel Gawith X Blend, it’s good if the local stables decides to burn the large pile of horse shit like they do sometimes but any other time it’s extremely soapy to the point where I might just jam soap up there instead.

So how about other voices I’ve heard on this forum saying “don’t jump the gun, give it a chance. You may hate it today and love it tomorrow”? The ones I got rid off were ones that I knew I wouldn’t enjoy, today or tomorrow.

Are you saying the reverse could be true? I may be madly in love with one snuff one day and, the other want to set fire to it?

No, I was wondering about people saying “oh no, how can you tell after you tried it just the onçe…you didn’t give it a chance, ride it out. It might get better and you’ll like it.” And I say “no”. Because I know myself and my taste and that’s that. :slight_smile:

Ambassador - it smelled so good at first but a couple of weeks after me and several of my friends had dug our fingers around in it it smelled like rancid cheese. “The ambassador is taken ill!”

Well, just to be contrary, I would say to NEVER throw out snuff - unless it moldy that is… Not only is it true that tastes change, but some of those shall we say ‘less desirable’ snuffs make excellent ‘mixers’. that is exactly how something like Crazy George by Toque came about. Rather than tossing, try taking a jar and blending them. My only caveat in this may possible be menthol, vs. non menthol, or coarse vs. fine grind. then just separate. And besides, I am certain that there are a lot of folks on this forum who would be more than happy to take the ‘offensive’ snuffs off your hands.

I’d never throw a snuff if for no other reason than collecting different tins. Plus i hated bergamot once and now i love an sp.

Really into Viking. Using Dark and Spear today.

dont throw them out! send them to me. im beginning to believe my mr snuff order is never gonna get here. i desperately want to try a real snuff im getting tired of this home made stuff i have

Recently I threw away two Bernard’s: 280 Jahre Jubiläums Snuff and Wiesen Snuff. Both are - in a German fashion - way past my threshold in menthol. I kept them in closet for half a year, always turning away after testing again. Bernard’s Amostrinha is waiting for the same treatment. I threw them away to have the empty tap boxes to use with my schmalzlers actually. Btw. I really don’t understand what is it with German snuffs and menthol. Every single one of them has it (except schmalzlers), which has practically turned me away from Pöschl’s products, even though they are easily available here over the counter, and there are still like dozens of different ones, which I’ve never tried.

You can also bring dried-out snuffs back to life by sprinkling some Tabasco sauce on it and leave it for some days. The snuff will turn out moist again.

Binned some Sam Gawith Christmas Snuff and another one of their peculiar scented snuffs. Can’t remember what it was called, but it smelled very sweet, almost berry like . I found the nicotine level too low for my liking.

Gawith Hoggath- Western glory. Far too much geranium to my liking and after 1 year and more than 10 tries to The Dungeon it goes! “The Dungeon” is how I call an oversized glass jar where I plan to leave all the “not to my liking” snuffs and located in the darkest depths part of my drawer. Sorry, but throwing snuff to the trash goes against my religion … [-O<

SWS Auld Alliance opened a jar from my cellar & found it was moldy :((

That is a TRUE tragedy @perique!!!

I agree about Wilsons of Sharrow Burgundy. I could not finish the tin. Seems to be just snuff with cheap perfume added (probably one on special offer from Boots). Leaves a horrible aftertaste of perfume (taste not smell). I though Burgundy meant the Red Wine, but obviously not. After a few snorts of this you will think you are in a low rent French provincial cat-house full of fat ladies.

What kind of person throws out snuff? Sell them, trade them, give them away. But to act like you’ve done something clever just to prove older, experienced snuffers wrong is the height of ridiculousness. And then to proclaim all of WoS unorderable…somethings rotten in Denmark, methinks.

2 Likes

What kind of person throws out snuff? Sell them, trade them, give them away. But to act like you’ve done something clever just to prove older, experienced snuffers wrong is the height of ridiculousness. And then to proclaim all of WoS unorderable…somethings rotten in Denmark, methinks.

Don’t throw out snuff, but what about snus? Can that be thrown out?