Sign of the times

Well, on my last visit to what was the very well stocked Food Lion store, I noticed that all of the American snuffs were gone, a whole shelf, and had been replaced with ecigs. RIP large cans of cheap American snuff.

I hope you complained.

Aw rats, I was hoping to stock up this summer.

Get the E-ciggs while you can! This sounds like time is standing still.

Well, on my last visit to what was the very well stocked Food Lion store, I noticed that all of the American snuffs were gone, a whole shelf, and had been replaced with ecigs. RIP large cans of cheap American snuff.

I’m in Gallatin, TN…North of Nashville, and was planning a trip to Food Lion on Thursday to grab a few jars. Are you located around this are?

@chefdaniel Whalen is in western MD near to WV border.

I hope the trend does not continue, as I am always looking to add to my massive stock of American snuffs.

It may be in a cycle of demand versus shelf space, and as you may know- retailers are often paid “rent” for stocking products in the public eye. This may be monetary or in the form of countertop displays, racks, or other accoutrements such as clocks, counter mats, etc. If they are not moving say snuff and e-cigs are the rage today- logic would dictate that they backroom the snuff and fill the space with e-cigs. Just as we saw during the cigar boom of the 90’s, things go in cycles and usually what was there will return. Best advice is to ask and if they have it- buy it. Modern retailers keep track of what sells and when. Slower products can fall off the order list or be removed completely, but they can sometimes find a revival if enough customers ask for it.

Sure was a shock to find them gone, but shelf space is shelf space.

Funny thing is they had pulled all the stock before to change to the new style warning labels, which meant fresher stock.

Fresher stock? Lol I thought all scotches around today were made during the Antebellum. I think I bought the last can of W.E. Garret’s to be found in my town about 9 months ago. ToqueUSA has been showing up in some shops though, along with Thunder Snus which I found today by disbelief/surprise. It was like seeing the Loch Ness Monster, you’d just want to slap yourself.

I was in Jewel the other day. (the jewel by my house always stocked W.E. Garret Scotch) I was in there the other day and even they replaced it with E-Cigs. I think there are just not enough Americans using NASAL snuff.