Pocket knives

Waaay of topic, I know, but what does everyone carry? Where I live a good knife is a staple.

I had been carrying a Kershaw Skyline for the last couple years, and then found my Spyderco Tenacious and decided to carry that again. Thinking about buying a Rat-2.

I had been carrying a Kershaw Skyline for that last couple of years, and then found my Spyderco Tenacious and decided to carry that again. Thinking about buying a Rat-2.

Ive had my eye on a Spyderco Civillian for a while. Just hate to shell out 200 bucks for one.

cheap Spyderco, forgot the model. I use my knives as screwdriver, pry bar, hammer, etc. so no fancy steel for me.

Right now I’m carrying a Case large Stockman with cv blades. I’ve always been partial to Case.

Well, I recently lost my original (real titanium) Cold Steel Ti-Lite–dammit to H E Double Hockey Sticks!!! I’ve had that bad boy clipped to my trousers for 13 freakin’ years. So, just acquired a Cold Steel Hold Out II. More blade, and the Tri-Ad lock is amazing, but I sure do miss my old friend.

@mjohns‌ I’ve been thinking about getting a Case Backpocket or a Trapper. Case makes purdy knives :slight_smile: I’ve been eyeing the Spyderco Native for a while, but I’m too cheap to fork out the money for it. I’ll stick with my budget folders for now. @MajorMajor‌ I’ve used my Tenacious pretty hard and put some nasty nicks in the blade using it as a screwdriver. With some time and love you can bring that edge back.

I carried a Spyderco titanium Special Police for a number of years–wicked fast to deploy–no need for the spider hole, just a flick of the wrist. I could never get quite the edge I wanted on it, so sold it and got the Ti-Lite–put a 17 degree edge on it and it was great. I hope someone else is enjoying it now, and knows what they found.

@mjohns‌ I’ve been thinking about getting a Case Backpocket or a Trapper. Case makes purdy knives :slight_smile: Yes they do. Just make sure you hand select it, as their quality can fluctuate (I’m ashamed to say).

I’ve carried cheaper lockblades in the past but lately it’s been a Victorinox Swiss Army Huntsman. Great little knife as are all Victorinox blades. Have a Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD on the way in the mail, should be here tomorrow, will put that one on my keychain mainly because it has the flat head screwdriver that’s perfect for scooping up snuff. I have been looking at Case knives also. They look very well made and I’m sure when I get some extra cash I’ll buy one. But for now I’m trying to build a collection of Victorinox and Wenger Swiss Army Knives, I just think their really cool.

I carry a variety of knives clipped on my pocket. Benchmade, Kersahw CRKT. My work knives are Byrds, they take a great edge and I don’t care much if they get banged up, lost or otherwise destroyed. Always backed up by a Swiss Army, Case or Opinel. If I don’t have a knife on me I’m naked or in an airport. Knives, guns and pipes never have enough of any of 'em.

I’ve carried cheaper lockblades in the past but lately it’s been a Victorinox Swiss Army Huntsman. Great little knife as are all Victorinox blades. Have a Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD on the way in the mail, should be here tomorrow, will put that one on my keychain mainly because it has the flat head screwdriver that’s perfect for scooping up snuff. I have been looking at Case knives also. They look very well made and I’m sure when I get some extra cash I’ll buy one. But for now I’m trying to build a collection of Victorinox and Wenger Swiss Army Knives, I just think their really cool.

Too bad Case went out of business and sold out out, they made some great knives. I have a Victorinox Champ and Champion (and a Fisherman and a couple of their keychaine models), but have carried a US Made Schrade Tough Tool for the last 14 years (can’t vouch for the currenty Taiwan-Made ones, after Scharde sold out). It is perfect for my job (IT). For “emergency” purposes, I carry Cold Steel.

Too bad Case went out of business and sold out out, they made some great knives. I have a Victorinox Champ and Champion (and a Fisherman and a couple of their keychaine models), but have carried a US Made Schrade ToughTool for the last 14 years (can’t vouch for the currenty Taiwan-Made ones, after Scharde sold out). It is perfect for my job (IT). For “emergency” purposes, I carry Cold Steel.

Where did you hear they went out of business? I buy a Case knife every year from their new lines and currently carry a 2013 model stockman. Maybe I missed something?

Too bad Case went out of business and sold out out, they made some great knives. I have a Victorinox Champ and Champion (and a Fisherman and a couple of their keychaine models), but have carried a US Made Schrade ToughTool for the last 14 years (can’t vouch for the currenty Taiwan-Made ones, after Scharde sold out). It is perfect for my job (IT). For “emergency” purposes, I carry Cold Steel.

Where did you hear they went out of business? I buy a Case knife every year from their new lines and currently carry a 2013 model stockman. Maybe I missed something?

Case Knives | Built with integrity for people of integrity. – caseknives.com They sold out to Zippo.

Case Knives | Built with integrity for people of integrity. – caseknives.com They sold out to Zippo.

I knew about them being bought out by Zippo. I thought you meant out of business completely

Either way I am partial to the case brand, but would not buy one unless I hand selected it. You can have two of the exact same model knives, and one will be a pos while the other will be a great knife. If I were to purchase a knife without selecting it myself it would be a Boker. They all seem consistent with their quality

1 Like

got a Kershaw clipped to my pocket all the time and occasionally carry a Boker stockman if I think I’ll need it. Also have a Laguiole pipe knife; but it is a bit too heavy to carry around in my pocket.

1 Like

A Cold Steel secret edge neck knife. It gets used every day on packaging etc and I can’t lose it.

1 Like

a custom made Michael morris friction folder with a 2.5in wharncliffe blade that’s kept razor sharp at all times. mr morris is a custom knife smith from the USA that makes knives out of old blacksmiths files, yup and yes the blades are old recycled metal files just how green is that !!

2 Likes

I usually carry an Opinel #6. It is just about the only folder that I can stand.