Cafe Royal

My last two tubs of G. Smith and Sons’ Cafe Royal. The tubs are empty, having been decanted into an airtight jar upon my return to the States in 1988. I missed getting the great old glass jars that I loved so much. Samuel Gawith does a fine job with Black Coffee, so that’s my go-to, the Royal is for special occasions; like when I’m alone, or with someone.

When I am down in London I always try to drop in at G.Smith’s, their “Attar of roses” being truly sublime, and the Cafe Royal is indeed very special. If ever u are this way I recommend Segars and Snuff, the father and son craft some truly special sniffs using very old receptors, the Scotch ones are all truly wonderful…

Recipes I meant…dam auto spell…

@Hoopei Alas Smith’s is no more, but their snuffs survive at Mullins & Westley, is that the Segar and Snuff Parlor you mean? It goes by that name also

@Hoopei Alas Smith’s is no more, but their snuffs survive at Mullins & Westley, is that the Segar and Snuff Parlor you mean? It goes by that name also

Oh dear such a shame they have gone. Well at least the snuff survives. Yes that’s the shop in Covent Garden, maybe best walk in snuff shop in England?

Yes, probably the only walk in snuff shop in England, from reports I’ve read here. F&T is gone, Smith’s is gone, M&W remains, Frederick Tranter is reduced to: http://www.cigar-connoisseur.co.uk/acatalog/SNUFF\_HANDKERCHIEFS.html although i have read it is available eleswhere B&M. I think @lunecat can direct you.

I had the glass jars of Smith’s snuff when I lived in Scotland in 1970. I will always fondly remember the Cardinal and Carnation scents. Haven’t had them in over 40 years. God, it makes me realize how old I am now.:frowning:

1 Like

Caf