Silver Dollar vs standard Toque equivalent?

Well just as the title says. For instance, is SD Rasberry and Toque Rasberry Menthol the same product or is there a difference in grind/flavor/whatever? I am about to place an order from their site and I wanted to know if I should try the same flavors offered by both labels.

@Roderick

toque is a better bang for your buck, I haven’t had fresh SD from toque so I can’t compare. Only got it from local source ,box of dry rocks not bad after sifting and re hydrating. But I normally don’t buy mentholated Toque products. SD Ones I have are original,natural, coffee,cherry, raspberry and spearmint. My next toque order I will had to add some SD to my cart his prices are attractive compared to local b&m store, Sorry, no definitive answer to your quire

At least it is something which is better than no response at all lol.

The Silver Dollar Vanilla I got a month or two ago was dry as dust…no scent of vanilla. Don’t know how long it sat on the store’s shelf before I bought it. I would buy Toque direct from the source…and I have since buying the disappointing SD.

I would personally say that Toque is the better snuff. The scent tends to be stronger and last longer than Sliver Dollar does. Also, I should mention that from my experience that after a few months SD tends to get a little flat (stale smelling). Toque= Greater variety, is also not as dry as SD. However, while I believe that Toque is all round the better snuff, I believe that it is still worth a shot for comparison purposes. Particularly if a B&M in your area has it in stock. I need to tread lightly here because SD is what got me into snuff in the first place. I do not mean to slander or bash it, however, I personally prefer Toque to SD. I still SD from time to time.

I would personally say that Toque is the better snuff. The scent tends to be stronger and last longer than Sliver Dollar does. Also, I should mention that from my experience that after a few months SD tends to get a little flat (stale smelling). Toque= Greater variety, is also not as dry as SD. However, while I believe that Toque is all round the better snuff, I believe that it is still worth a shot for comparison purposes. Particularly if a B&M in your area has it in stock. I need to tread lightly here because SD is what got me into snuff in the first place. I do not mean to slander or bash it, however, I personally prefer Toque to SD. I still SD from time to time.

Same here–SD from the local RYO store was my intro to snuff. Not bad, but as has been mentiond, a buck a gram is pretty expensive.

I agree that Toque is better than SD but I ordered a box (12 5g tins) through my local tobacconist of SD Spearmint and I really like it. I still have about 6 or 7 tins left after trading a few and using some and after about 4 months the SD still has a strong scent and is not that dry at all. SD is a great snuff but I do prefer Toque.

Guys, this is all great and I appreciate the feedback, but I would really like a side by side comparison of the same flavors. Guess I will just have to try a both myself and be surprised lol

Toque is better because SD tins suck balls and the snuff is all dried out by the time you get them, they’re just as bad as tapboxes and we all know English snuffs have no business being in those things.

Ah, so even if I order direct from Toque the SD will still be dried out? I suppose that makes sense though if the tins are that bad. I’ll likely still get both in rasberry out of curiousity though.

^ I ordered mine directly from Toque and they were completely dried out, horrible tin design

@n9inchnails They really need to redesign the tins for Silver Dollar, because from my experiences they tend to either already be dried out and stale or quickly transition to that state. You are completely dead on about the tins.

Side by side SD Cherry almost the same as Toque Cherry. SD Natural similar to Toque Quit. Take those as an inexperienced snuffer comparison. The only difference was that the SD seemed to be easier to take than Toque.

I agree that Toque is better than SD, by a long shot. I just found Toque Spearmint in my local smoke shop this afternoon. I like it better than Crumbs of Comfort for sheer mintyness. I never thought I’d find something that I like more in a spearmint, although I’ve never tried viking spear. The toque is smoother than the WoS, and a very nice base, just like all the others. I think I’ll have a pinch right now.